Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
for XC...not bad actually. Finish it so we can check out how it looks on wheels.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is what it could look like .
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

To do this properly ,will take alot of work.
Hence frame needed and new radiator built.

I would like a third frame to build something really ridiculously hard work but will shave about 35 kgs off. Maybe more. It would make the 700xx more viable to other uses. MX ,Dunes and drag racing. There are a couple of quads ,I have seen that use something similar to the 700xx but lighter and simpler.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i find it cool that you like to explore with the possibilities of the 700.... BUT.... why the hell would you want to mess with it... It's perfect the way it is

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree the 700xx is brilliant , But it can be made better. The reason I want to change the front end plastics is ,It makes the quad look bulky and the front fenders are too high.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Looking bulky and saving weight are two different things. The fenders cannot be more than than a few ounces difference between them. IMO not worth the effort. If it were me I would have some custom Moly A-Arms built and replace with carbon fiber anything I could. The rear sub-frame could be built out of Moly very easily also shedding a few lbs.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There is a guy on another forum that builds custom parts outta titanium. I am going to Email him shortly.His work is top notch and prices are reasonable. I think he has his own Ti mine. He can build most parts outta Ti or carbon fibre.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought about so many ideas and projects on the 700xx. My problem is that cebellos is right. It's overweight and a wierd setup and looks funny. But it works. I have some photo's from round 6 of BQCCC. If I can download them and show you . This quad is the ultimate. I am racing the best of British in cross country and can not stop smiling. 2010 will be better results and a bigger grin.:yay:

·
Registered
114 Posts
You should photoshop the pics highlighting what parts you're going to work on in regards to "adding lightness"

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
There is also some wind drag by the front fenders. That is why most people racing them have removed them. I like the front, how far down does it go? It wouldn't cover up any of the radiator would it?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You should photoshop the pics highlighting what parts you're going to work on in regards to "adding lightness"
Lomo700xx . Whats photoshop ? Everything to be lightened is everythimg in the picture.

dagirl Acouple of days . Problem is at the moment, waiting for new parts.

Nasty700xx I was thinking of trimming front fenders but not brave enough yet.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Hey baxter I'm about retrimming my front fender using grinder with cutting disk,did a clean job first time people look at my front end don't notice it' not oemish. Also I heard people doing a xr 650r swap in 450r,maybe u can do a sort of frame hybrid with the rear xx suspension and the 450r frame, just a suggestion

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Baxter I like your thinking, anything can be done and it take courage cause sometimes home engineering is irreversible. I had some costly experience with my time attack turbocharged car.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts