Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Take a box of ExLax and that should about drop 30 pounds overnight:lol: Geez 80lbs is a lot to take out. But I guess lighter wheels and tires, and carbon fiber anywhere you can manage to put it. Not sure where else you can take it from.

·
Registered
445 Posts
425lbs wet...........ummmmm...........thats alot of weight saving.

Gutting the electrics will save you a bit but not that much. Maybe if you ran 4 x Fox Floats......????

IMO most of the extra weight on the 700XX is in the engine. It's a heavy engine in the first place but then you add the sub-transmission and you end up with one heavy mother.

In some circumstances I think the weight helps. The extra weight is central and keeps the quad planted when some others tend to get kicked about because they are so light.

Linc

·
Registered
445 Posts
Titanium parts, lighter shocks, the stock ones weigh a ton. The engine actually weighs less than a 450r's does.

Oh and the stock exhaust is heavy as well.
I haven't weighed it so I can't say for sure but I cant see a 450R engine weighing more than the 700XX's. The 700XX has bigger everything plus reverse and the sub-trans where the 450R is based off a MX engine
.............it's got to be lighter.

I do agree that you could save a ton from the exhaust.

Linc

·
Registered
537 Posts
425lbs

IMO most of the extra weight on the 700XX is in the engine. It's a heavy engine in the first place but then you add the sub-transmission and you end up with one heavy mother.

Linc
I would say it's mostly in the rear suspension. You have 2 of everything. 2 shocks, 2 springs, 2 upper and 2 lower a arms. It's heavy duty stuff built to withstand most of what the average rider will throw at it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would say it's mostly in the rear suspension. You have 2 of everything. 2 shocks, 2 springs, 2 upper and 2 lower a arms. It's heavy duty stuff built to withstand most of what the average rider will throw at it.
I agree that the IRS setup is heavier but to get a more accurate (guess) idea you only need to check the weight difference between the Poolaris Outlaw 525s and the Outlaw 525IRS..........not as much as you may think.

369lbs vs 398lbs........

If the Outlaw IRS weighs 400 dry and the 700XX weighs 485 dry (thats a guess) then where has the extra weight come from?

That said; the combination of IRS and the 700 engine surely has made the XX in to a porker.

·
Registered
537 Posts
get an LTZ400:lmao:
Yeah and not only would be able to work on it all the time to fix things that fell off, broke, or failed, you'll also have the pleasure of having a little more than half the power of the 700xx:eek:hno:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Build a duplicate frame out of chrome moly.:nuts:

·
Registered
537 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quick question my van is set up to take 450r on motocross setting. I am picking my 700xx on Saturday and have to reduce the overall height by about 4-5" . Any ideas ?

·
Banned
711 Posts
Quick question my van is set up to take 450r on motocross setting. I am picking my 700xx on Saturday and have to reduce the overall height by about 4-5" . Any ideas ?

chainsaw and jb weld buddy

in all honesty you might be able to compress the shocks enough if that dont work, take the wheeles off....

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Laid handlbars down and let front tyres down and it just fitted in.Picked it up today. I am going to enjoy this 700xx alot

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Took all plastics off. Too much junk, This needs a serious strip down. 1st look coolant tank, parking brake after that build a descent airbox using 250r filters.:eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am waiting for a manual to come from your great country. Realistically the first 20lbs is easy after that it is going to get serious and my need help from you guys. Do you know any company that builds custom silicone hoses so I can do away with the thermostat housing and pipes ?:tup:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts