Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Well if they save weight I'm all for it cause I wish mine was a little lighter, Thats my ONLY problem with my XX. But if thier not lighter then not worth the trouble of changing

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Custom carbon fiber axles would reduce alotta weight, we did on a drag evo at a shop I worked at. Custom shorty exhaust. Take out the stock head light and replace it with small LED lights. Strip the plastics and hope for the best. Just throwing some left field ideas around but they are doable

·
Registered
425 Posts
Custom carbon fiber axles would reduce alotta weight, we did on a drag evo at a shop I worked at. Custom shorty exhaust. Take out the stock head light and replace it with small LED lights. Strip the plastics and hope for the best. Just throwing some left field ideas around but they are doable
Yah not to mention that AMS evo had CF doors, Roof, Lexan windows.

I talked to Martin once at a SEMA show. Told him to hurry on the F1 Intake.

But yah a 2.3RR is in the future for my EVO

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Yah not to mention that AMS evo had CF doors, Roof, Lexan windows.

I talked to Martin once at a SEMA show. Told him to hurry on the F1 Intake.

But yah a 2.3RR is in the future for my EVO
haha, I'm surprised you got him to slow down long enough to talk to him. We did a ass load of work on that car. I remember having mono and pounding sound deadener out of it. I used to build their 42R kits, I built Ivans 240sx turbo kit too. Glory days, haha

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
looks like that block did some weight loss of it's own...
One of our customers Dan Bajalis was wide open at the end of the quarter mile when he put a connecting rod through the side of the block. OUCH! Ended up being the motor I mocked up turbo kits on!

·
Registered
425 Posts
yah Dan used to live out here in vegas...i think the bad economy slowed his car down faster then that connecting rod.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Back on topic.
Weighed hubs and spindles;
450r pair = 8.98 lbs
700xx pair = 9.68 lbs
Total weight saving 0.7 lbs
I thought it would be more. As a weight saving mod ,I would say don't bother because you have to run a 450r steering stem or the 700xx will not turn enough and if you just run the 450r stem it turns too much and on full lock ,it litterally stops the 700xx like you put the brakes on.
Whilst the scales were out I weighed the Elka front shocks.
Stock front shocks = 14.25 lbs
Elka front shocks = 11.53 lbs
Total weight saving = 2.72 lbs.
Total weight saving with these mods = 3.42 lbs.
This is about as much I can do to the front end without spending money.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Wait till I sort out the airbox. The stock lid has an opening right opposite a hole in the tank support. Which means it is sucking air from the top of the motor. Not good.Moving the battery and a few other bits will give more room for the airbox intake.Plus lower the C of G . When I did the last race , the woods were so tight that the fan was on constantly. This means my engine is running too hot. Luckily I had a 1.6 radiater cap on and we recovered.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It's that tight, But it was very dusty. I saw the full track with clear run 2.5 hours in .

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
By my calculations ,I am about 507 lbs half ready racing trim. I weigh 180 lbs fully kitted wet , so I think I am not doing to bad for a farmer.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Bye Bye ,See you in the new year.
By the way Merry Christmas to all Club700xx members and Happy New Year to you guys. It's been fun.
It will blow ya mind what I have planned for the T-ReXX !
You may see it in some atv magazine , Now I have funding.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.