Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

What do you do to weld on 700xx chassis?

• Just Weld

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Unhook Battery, Hook ground as close as possible

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • Unhook Battery, Along with sensors, Coil, and so on

Votes: 1 7.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I just didn't look in the right places but is there a certain procedure to welding on the 700XX chassis? I only ask this because I've never had an EFI quad. Is it as simple as unhooking the battery or should I unhook the ECM and other sensors. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I have welded on many pieces of equipment with computers and controllers 100x's more sensitive than what is on the xx and I unhook the batteries. Never had a problem. What have you gotta weld up?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently working on a reciever setup front and rear for a hitch or winch that can be taken out. I also plan on fabing up a different front bumper mount later on.

·
Registered
64 Posts
weld

I tack welded (alloy MIG) the front and rear bars when i made them on the bike .I did not dissconnect battery but feel free to do so.It IS important to connect the earth lead right next to where you are welding.
mervex

·
Registered
111 Posts
I tack welded (alloy MIG) the front and rear bars when i made them on the bike .I did not dissconnect battery but feel free to do so.It IS important to connect the earth lead right next to where you are welding.
mervex
Got pics ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Added a poll just to catch some quick votes. I myself have always just unhooked the battery and and put the ground as close as possible on anything with a motor regardless of if it is EFI or not. I usually use my stick welder but i plan on using my MIG this time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I welded a dune flag tab on mine without un hooking anything, everything is fine. I do alot of fab stuff and never unhook. I dont think you need to.

what part/reason are you welding?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 1/2" front reciever for winch and a 1 1/2" rear reciever for a pin type hitch just for a lawn cart or small rack to haul stuff to fix up trails or treestands. Also I will probably be adding different front bumper mounts not sure until I fab up the bumper.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did some welding friday to mount the front reciever. Just unhooked the battery, scuffed it and kept the ground close. Ran fine all weekend no trouble. Will be working on rear reciever and front bumper when I can make a run to the local metal fab shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts