Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
of riding the xx for me. havent had one problem except scratches on the black trim plastic that i cant get clean no matter what!

so lets hear your reports so far on your reliability experiences. did you have any poblems. les hear from all xx owners!:steamed:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello
Have not had any real issues yet. Its been a great bike.
I will say I had a stick in the woods pull my neutral light switch wire off on me one day. Other than that no problems.
:yay:

·
Registered
148 Posts
of riding the xx for me. havent had one problem except scratches on the black trim plastic that i cant get clean no matter what!

so lets hear your reports so far on your reliability experiences. did you have any poblems. les hear from all xx owners!:steamed:
Don't let this liar BS you... Remember this is the same guy who posted pictures of a guy riding a KFX700 and claimed it was him. PSW has never...N-E-V-E-R posted a picture of himself with a 700XX or any other ATV for that matter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow it looks like you and KTM really seem to hate each other. I just got my XX in the beginning of august. I completely agree about the black plastics, they don't stay clean at all and they wear down to white way to fast. It's a good thing the Quad makes up for it though, this thing is crazy powerful. I've never had to much trouble getting it to slide around corners (it's not like I'm on an mx track with it) and it soaks up whoops and jumps like nothing I've ever ridden. Here's some pics from the day I brought it home.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Welcome to the site partyboy! I have the black combo also. Man, that thing was beautiful when it was fresh outta the box. The only issue I have had with mine is the phony plastic fasteners that attach the heel guards to the foot peg are already broken off on one side. I knew that the black plastic was doomed from day one, so I got over that pretty quick. Other than that, no complaints, I really love it more with every ride. I haven't been out since the middle of June, so I'm jonesing a bit. And you are right, there is some real hatred between YSW and a few KFX guys and KTM, but most if not all of it was brought on by YSW himself. If he would just post one picture of him with his XX, it would shut a lot of people up!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I haven't lost any fasteners yet, but I think i'm going to go with the all aluminum PRM Heel guards that would go in place of those anyways. I've already bent my shifter twice b/c of the lack of protection there. I haven't taken it on a really long trip yet, just some sandpit stuff, but I'm going up to Maine on friday (there's supposed to be 4 inches of rain) so I'll hopefully take some pics and give a ride review of this thing in the mud. I've seen a little bit of the gooey stuff and it hasn't had too much traction with these tires, but i'm betting that the ground clearance will keep it from getting really stuck.

Oh, also you can kind of see the z400 on the right in my second pic... that's the quad I was supposed to buy, but my buddy decided to get it while I was debating the financing. Ended up waiting a month and finally getting the 700xx. After riding both and the Raptor 700, I don't think I'll ever go solid rear axle again.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yeah I haven't lost any fasteners yet, but I think i'm going to go with the all aluminum PRM Heel guards that would go in place of those anyways. I've already bent my shifter twice b/c of the lack of protection there. I haven't taken it on a really long trip yet, just some sandpit stuff, but I'm going up to Maine on friday (there's supposed to be 4 inches of rain) so I'll hopefully take some pics and give a ride review of this thing in the mud. I've seen a little bit of the gooey stuff and it hasn't had too much traction with these tires, but i'm betting that the ground clearance will keep it from getting really stuck.

Oh, also you can kind of see the z400 on the right in my second pic... that's the quad I was supposed to buy, but my buddy decided to get it while I was debating the financing. Ended up waiting a month and finally getting the 700xx. After riding both and the Raptor 700, I don't think I'll ever go solid rear axle again.
Good choice on the 700 over the z400 for sure! Wait until you trail ride this thing and you will REALLY be happy. If you look at the "Product and Service Reports" there is a ride review thread. There are some very good, detailed ride reports from posterboy, scuzz and myself. Enjoy the read! I'm heading out for a three day trip next month. I don't really ride much except for when I go on weekend trips unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Oh, I forgot that I lost a heat shield hex bolt.
Damn Scuzz, are you using that thing as a jackhammer or what?!!

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

It was supposed to rain all weekend so we didn't take the camera with us on the trails, but my buddy took this of me on a jump we built at the sandpit behind his house (b/c it never ended up raining on saturday) it's only grainy b/c of all the sand. The jump wasn't really big, but I made it so that I landed basically on a berm. and on a solid axle quad I probably would've broken my right ankle after a couple of the landings (hit it topped out in 2nd gear would go about 20-25ft) but this suspension literally soaked it right up... I love this quad.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Partyboy, put on a damn helmet!! I'm sure you probably wear one most of the time, but I just hate seeing people ride without them. One of my best friends is a member of the local Search and Rescue team. They had to go recover the body of an atv rider yesterday. The guy flipped his quad down a nasty, rocky trail...no helmet on..the ute basically stapled his skull to the rocks...party over. I see people occasionally out on the trails riding without them, with kids on the racks...that really pisses me off.

Put on a helmet. It can save your life.

·
Registered
66 Posts
lol, yeah my buddy who went fourwheeling with me all day started off by saying "I don't think i'm going to wear a helmet today if it's going to rain out I won't be able to see anything" and I flipped out on him so he wore it. but by the time we got back to the sandpit my helmet was soaked from the mud pits and I'd have to screw up pretty horribly to flip the quad on that jump so I I didn't put it on. and after we took the pictures I remember saying to him "you know, we had some decent pictures that I can put online, b/c they're having this big fight with each other b/c no one else will post proof that they actually own a 700xx... but I can guarantee that the first couple posts are only going to be about the lack of helmet and gloves." either way I agree with your opinion, but I would've been growing mold in my hair if I wore it any longer that day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
great pic dude nice jump but id rather have mold in my hair then to wear a hockey helemt for the rest of my life in a wheelchair!!!!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nice jump... it's been pounded enough that its really not a good idea to jump without the gear on. More then once my gear has saved my bacon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts