Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went with my 700xx today and drove to a camp ground where they have some atv trails and allow you the take your atv with you. so we got there and I pulled up to a camp spot and unloaded the 700 and went out on a couple of the trails, and they started out fine and I thought cool nice little trail through the woods then half way through the trail here come the boulders and the drop offs. the 700 went up over every rock that i came to and never even rubbed on my skid plates, then the next trail that i went on was the same way started out fine but then half way through it turned into what looked to be a dried out creek bed and I had to crawl the 700 over the cobble rock creek bed and it went over that fine too with no problems but they were the roughest two trail rides that I have ever been on. and I don't really know if I will ever go back to those trails again. wish I would have had my helmet cam with me to post up a vid for you guys to see.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
That's one of the reasons why most of us bought this beast, it can almost take everything and spit it out.

Bet you had a good work out.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I took mine through a rock crawling trail at the Fishers Reunion at Rock Run. My skid plate dragged a few times, but it made it through faster than my Rincon. I have yet to upload the video.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah I did get kind of a work out. and it was fun to see what the beast would do but I don't think that I will be going back to those trails any time soon. maybe if they improve the main road to the camp ground i would go back we'll have to see though. but it was kind of fun crawling my quad over the rocks. Wish I would have had my helmet cam with me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I went riding this weekend as well with a couple 700xx's, 700r, and a new 550efi. The trails got so rocky it wasn't fun anymore after the first two hours. Our 700xx's crawled over most rocks with out bottoming out but I felt bad for my buddy on his 700r lol.

My wheels and skid plates got a little beat up. If you ride in rough terrain at all the wheels dont seem to stay clean easy. I have some good knicks on all four. Oh well wat are you guna do....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think though before I go out trail riding again that I will get me a new set of hand guards that will fit the dirt bike handle bars that i have on my xx right now. so that branches or something can't whack me in the hand as I go by when riding. going to change out the clutch and brake levers also on it this winter. but all in all it was fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.