Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the 700 out to a local pit that was recently fenced off to riders, but it didn't take long for someone to make a trail in. So off went me and my daughter to have a fun day riding. It started out great, it was just her and I out there to enjoy the whole pit, then "it" happened.

That was "it" that happened. We were so far away from anyone with a 2 mile ride down the side of railroad tracks to get out there. We found some wood and a length of rope to try and use. I started off digging by hand then tied the rope to my daughters little 110cc Chinese quad and her at the controls (LOL). Needless to say it took me about an hour to get out. The mud no lie was just like quick sand, the more you moved the deeper it got. This pig is a heavy bitch especially in mud.

Well that's my afternoon thanks for listening, and yes I still had fun even though I was cursing at myself for an hour because I went in there in the first place.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if that is where you attached the roap to pull it out, but a lower point is always better. On the grab bar loads the rear tires and makes it harder. I know your resources are limited when you have to find rope, so not sure if you had enough for that. :)
Nice pic though!
Thanks for the advice Scuzz. I'm sure this won't be my last time stuck in the mud.

sound advise from Scuzz! Sounds like you had a fun day with your little girl!
Anytime I get to ride with my daughter is a fun day, well except for this 1 hour of tourture.

wish your daughter took pictures with you and the xx in the mud!!! I have felt your pain but I am sure your still smiling :)
Your right I am still smiling, especially when my daughter is coming up with ways to get me out and things I should be doing. Oh by the way she is only 6, but acts like a 15 year old.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Wow! That looks familiar, right Dagirl? lol! Talk about a pain in the back!! and there were 2 adults that time and took us awhile before digging that Betty out, lol!

Good to hear that your daughter was helpful, most of the time they would just ask; are you done yet?

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
I've gotten stuck like that a few times in my old truck. I feel for ya. I got stuck in some sand with my girls when they were little (1990?) and we were like 150 miles in the middle of nowhere northern Arizona. It was the middle of summer and hot as hell. Took me 5 hours to get out. Thank god I had a bumper jack and a sheet of 3/4" plywood in the bed. If I didn't have that, the truck would still be in the sand to this day.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow! That looks familiar, right Dagirl? lol! Talk about a pain in the back!! and there were 2 adults that time and took us awhile before digging that Betty out, lol!
You can say that again, my back is wrecked today.

Good to hear that your daughter was helpful, most of the time they would just ask; are you done yet?
Don't get me wrong she was asking if we were done yet, but most of the time she was trying to explain what I should be doing to get it out. I think that was making matters a little worse at first, but then I just started to laugh about it. Sometimes it takes a 6yr old little girl to make you feel more dumb than you already know you are to put a smile back on your face.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I was trying to imagine if when I got suck in that quicksand mud, if I was by myself or lil kid what I would have done... there was no way I would have been able to... we needed another person to finally get it out. We were using a hose as a rope though lol

did your daughter have to tell everyone how you got stuck?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was trying to imagine if when I got suck in that quicksand mud, if I was by myself or lil kid what I would have done... there was no way I would have been able to... we needed another person to finally get it out. We were using a hose as a rope though lol

did your daughter have to tell everyone how you got stuck?
Oh yeah of course she did, after all she is a girl don't they always have to nag and tell guys what they are doing wrong. :lmao:
I called my wife to bring me a shovel so i could dig myself out but instead she brought a bunch of her friends and no shovel. She said she wanted to see how bad I was stuck first. By the time she got back out with the shovel I was out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts