Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
not bad cant be no worse than the honda nerfs for 200$ wonder if there compatible with IMS heel guards

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
My girl, my buddy and his girl all have them and they serve their purpose for the price. A great option if you want the protection and don't have the cash. There are always better but for 3x the price. We are not all independently wealthy. If you go with tires larger than stock in front they may rub though as they do not dip back right away as the pro armors do. Just a warning

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I installed the nerfs today. Installation was easy even though Alba did was not able to provide instructions. They said they were out of instructions and shipped the nerfs anyways to prevent a delay. I really appreciate that they did that! For the $95 shipped that I paid, these are 100% absolutely worth every penny! For those who are on a budget and can't afford $300 fat peg nerfs these are the cats ass. haha:yay:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice! Let us know how they hold up to abuse.

Baxter, anything specific you don't like about them? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
looks good,definetly will serve its purpose,i am going to wait for the pro armors,mainly i want the more aggressive footpegs and i want to get rid of the flimsy stock heelguards, in my opininion you cant go wrong with the albas if thats all your looking for.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yea, the fat peg is definitely awesome. I dont mind the stock foot peg, I just want to avoid running over my own leg if I were to miss the foot peg. There is no reason these wont hold up to all the abuse I can throw at them. The welds are very nice(I was a welder at a performance shop for 3 years) and it would take a serious crash off a tall cliff to bend these bars. I know the fat pegs are very nice but there is no reason to hate on these, they are awesome!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Very nice! Let us know how they hold up to abuse.

Baxter, anything specific you don't like about them? Just curious.
I get worried when something is too cheap in price, Tend to think the quality is compromised.
If someone buy's a set and they are happy and they do the job . I am happy for them.
It's a bit like my theory on helmets, you have $50 head buy a $50 helmet.
I like to have faith on what I buy and not worry when dodging trees or trying a double. I pay a little bit more for peace of mind . :D
No pun intended , if they do great then some members got yourself a bargain. :tup:

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went riding yesterday, all is well with the nerfs. My friend has ac nerfs on his yfz and they are not as nice as these nerfs which is sad since they're more than twice the price. He was impressed as well. If you dont need the fat peg I highly recommend these. Video with them on will be out in a couple of weeks. I dont enough footage to put one together just yet.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
I get worried when something is too cheap in price, Tend to think the quality is compromised.
If someone buy's a set and they are happy and they do the job . I am happy for them.
It's a bit like my theory on helmets, you have $50 head buy a $50 helmet.
I like to have faith on what I buy and not worry when dodging trees or trying a double. I pay a little bit more for peace of mind . :D
No pun intended , if they do great then some members got yourself a bargain. :tup:
Baxter, what do you want your nerfs to do? For me all I want is to keep my leg from slipping in front of the peg. Since the pegs aren't built into these there really is zero stress on them. I have these and they will do that. I'm rather new at quads so maybe there is another purpose for nerf bars. I seriously would like to know. Do people use their nerf bars to stand on or where else do you see a need that you might think these aren't up to?

Aside from that I'm also a guy who's been welding for 30 years and have training as a machinist, welder, fitter, etc. The welds are well done and while the aluminum is rather thin but I don't see them failing to keep my foot from under the peg.

I would like to see a set of Pro Armor in person for a comparison. Anyone have something to compare them too as far as whether the gauge is much thinner than the pricier ones? How does the gauge and welding compare to the AC Racing nerfs, Moose, DG, etc?

·
Registered
355 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts