Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

what drink system works ?

4K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  roadkill 
#1 ·
well my old faithful msr drink bottle cracked so im in need of a new one, ive had camelbaks before the older model that hooked on the back of the chest protector but it pulled the protector up . was just wondering what works for the rest of you racers

#3 ·
#4 ·
Since I don't like ANY extra weight on my shoulders, I hang my Camelback on my bars... hanging down over the headlight with a small bungee connected to the bottom and the other end connected to my bumper, which keeps it from swinging back and forth.

roadkill

#8 ·
Since I don't like ANY extra weight on my shoulders, I hang my Camelback on my bars... hanging down over the headlight with a small bungee connected to the bottom and the other end connected to my bumper, which keeps it from swinging back and forth.

roadkill
I would like to know more. I had a Shift one on my back and basically it makes me sweat more.
The only other one I would try is the FLY one, front part is chest protector and the rear is hydration. Heard good things about this but kinda expensive as not found one in the UK yet.

#6 ·
I use the Hydrapak system, works very well.

#9 ·
Bought a camel back a few years ago. It is ok. I think it is just the whole tube thing I dislike. When I use it now, i just use it as a back pack cooler. Half freeze some water bottles and throw them in it. Haven't really done that since I got my 6 pack rack though.

#11 ·
Bought a camel back a few years ago. It is ok. I think it is just the whole tube thing I dislike. When I use it now, i just use it as a back pack cooler. Half freeze some water bottles and throw them in it. Haven't really done that since I got my 6 pack rack though.
Everything I put in my 6pack rack cooler, ends up opening up. And it literly wears the paint off the outside of a can. I tried the can formed jell packs. And you have to wedge a can inside. And still they open and just make a mess. All I know is it must be one rough ride on the tail of the 700.

#10 ·
Anyone know of a good cup holder for my beer???

Found this:

#13 ·
Roadkill can we see a picture of your setup. I might try and copy your idea. I don't care for the extra wieght on my back and it makes me sweat too. I hate going on long trips with no water. Especialy after a few beers the night before.

#14 ·
Just put both shoulder straps over your hand bars and bring the base of the bag down and bungee it to your front bumper. Only problem is when you ride at night, it covers the light. I use a wide strap bag/camelback b/c the narrow ones cut into my sides. But I use a big one that I put everything in, from snacks and stuff when I trail ride. When I race, I take the bag out of a camel back and strap it right to the back of my chest protector that way I still have full movement and less weight. Plus I have it really cold at the start so it helps keep my body cool.

#15 ·
Exactly right! I don't race, but for long rides, I carry all kinds of stuff... water, first aid stuff, tire repair kit, food type stuff, tp, etc. Yes, it will cover your headlight, but then I normally don't do any night riding... except at Pismo in the dunes.

roadkill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.