Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What if... you rode a 700xx for a couple years and loved it. And then all of a sudden, it never existed. Honda never made it, it wasn't available, but you retained all the experience of riding it, likes and dislikes of "this quad".

What quad would you then go buy? Polaris Outlaw with IRS? Raptor 700r? Renegade?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
outlaw or rzr s

Love me some ground clearance.
I agree. I just hate to give the outlaw any credit. I think it's cause I'm so Honda biased.

Specially with as much shit as I've talked about them lmao

·
Registered
755 Posts
Get a ktm 450/525xc which I may end up doing this summer. I do love the xx but I want something a little lighter and better handling. I started on a utility so the xx was a perfect transition quad to a full blown gncc racer.

I've always been a Honda guy and would love to deck out a 450r but those ktm's are going for around 5000 used now and you just can't get that performance from the Honda without spending 10K on it. I will miss the Honda reliabilty and the people who come up to me asking what the heck my quad is.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I still don't give Polaris any credit at all. I went to Pismo a couple years ago with 2 friends that rode Polaris... an Outlaw IRS and a Predator. My 700xx was the only one still running at the end of the weekend. I had to tow the Predator out of the dunes and back to camp because of electrical problems... and he's been towed off the course (SCCS) a couple times last season. The outlaw tore a CV boot and got sand inside on day one at Pismo.

For myself, I'd probably have a 400ex (because of reverse) rather than a 450r. However, I have a friend with a couple DS450x XCs that I've ridden and like. May add one to my garage to keep my 700xx company.

roadkill

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get a ktm 450/525xc which I may end up doing this summer. I do love the xx but I want something a little lighter and better handling. I started on a utility so the xx was a perfect transition quad to a full blown gncc racer.

I've always been a Honda guy and would love to deck out a 450r but those ktm's are going for around 5000 used now and you just can't get that performance from the Honda without spending 10K on it. I will miss the Honda reliabilty and the people who come up to me asking what the heck my quad is.
I agree with the KTM 525XC there is one by me for $4900 that looks pretty clean and well taken care of, i'm sure it'll sell for $4500. I'd love to add one but I'm afraid I wouldn't like it because I love my IRS so much.

I still don't give Polaris any credit at all. I went to Pismo a couple years ago with 2 friends that rode Polaris... an Outlaw IRS and a Predator. My 700xx was the only one still running at the end of the weekend. I had to tow the Predator out of the dunes and back to camp because of electrical problems... and he's been towed off the course (SCCS) a couple times last season. The outlaw tore a CV boot and got sand inside on day one at Pismo.

For myself, I'd probably have a 400ex (because of reverse) rather than a 450r. However, I have a friend with a couple DS450x XCs that I've ridden and like. May add one to my garage to keep my 700xx company.

roadkill
I agree with you on the polaris thing. But they are the ONLY other IRS option. My 700 has pulled an outlaw for the exact same thing. Not only that, got us busted by the corp of engineer for being on their property!

I'd probably stay away from the 400ex and go for a Suzuki LTZ400 - I think that's a MUCH better quad than the 400ex.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like the raptors.

I think my choices would be:
1. KTM 525XC
2. Raptor 700r SE
3. Renegade.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd go for a yfz450 or a trx450r with the hrc kit.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd go for a yfz450 or a trx450r with the hrc kit.
I don't consider either of those as a suitable "replacement" neither have reverse.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Wish they still imported the ktm quads over here.
I like the yfz450r, trx450r, 525xc, can am ds450, and the raptor700.
I would consider all of these. Probably would come down to price.

·
Registered
370 Posts
i would probaly go with a raptor 700 i sure would miss the irs thoe.. maybe a renagade 1000 but i think i would get bored of the automatic im not sure i would have to think about it for awhile it would definently be between the raptor and renagade thoe

·
Registered
574 Posts
Most likely a Raptor, 2nd would be a Renegade. Knowing what I know now the Poo Poo would not be an option.

·
Registered
821 Posts
^^ no way

I would have a raptor 700, that's what i was gonna buy before i seen the xx. Don't like can am, ktm, most Polaris's. I love the razr, so i might have ended up with one of them.

·
Registered
268 Posts
LoL I bet people hate that guy with that dual exhaust can-am. My buddy has a single hmf on his outlander 800 and that's bad enough, you can hear him coming for miles.

·
Registered
671 Posts
If the 700XX didn't exist, I would have probably built my dream quad, XR650R powered hybrid. Plan was a custom frame that used all TRX450R components. I am glad the 700XX does exist, because a custom 650R power quad would have got real expensive real quick!

Couldn't have a Raptor, can't get an oversize tank for them, no good for the type of racing I do. I guess if I couldn't have a 700XX and the 650 hybrid was also out, I probably wouldn't have got anything, am pretty happy with racing my 450R. Nothing else really appeals to me.

Doug

·
Registered
192 Posts
For me, most likely a Honda 450R that was set up for XC racing, you just can't go wrong with them. If I was going to the track, it would be an LTR450.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts