Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I don't know what a TRX700R is, but if you look at the times for the race, Matlock was 10 hours faster and I really think he's the one who can answer this question since he was racing against one.

Matlock = 16:54:52
TRX700R = 26:54:30

A thought here... Perhaps a factory sponsored and specially factory modded 700XX?

roadkill

·
Registered
333 Posts
whats with the bartlett 700xx comin in dead last at almost 28hrs?????:tdown:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
whats with the bartlett 700xx comin in dead last at almost 28hrs?????:tdown:
That may NOT be dead last... just 5th place. I'd bet there was more than 5 entries, but just posted the top 5 finishers. As for the time... perhaps a break down or 2, bad luck... perhaps it took support team lots of time to fix a break down?

roadkill

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
yeah, i heard the 650 powered 450s are fast, but dont hold up well to the pounding an atv gives them, i learned not to put dirtbike engines on atvs the hard way, we bolted a cr500 engine to a 250r chassis and it rattled the welds apart believe it or not !!! We gusseted the crap out of it and even cushioned the mounts, then i blew the transmision...

Check this out though...i wonder how its holding up ???

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/di...0&tier=3&nid=7095D2C297E44470895E3E4CBB8D0756

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
yeah, i heard the 650 powered 450s are fast, but dont hold up well to the pounding an atv gives them, i learned not to put dirtbike engines on atvs the hard way, we bolted a cr500 engine to a 250r chassis and it rattled the welds apart believe it or not !!! We gusseted the crap out of it and even cushioned the mounts, then i blew the transmision...

Check this out though...i wonder how its holding up ???

http://www.dirtwheelsmag.com/ME2/di...0&tier=3&nid=7095D2C297E44470895E3E4CBB8D0756

Cr500 engine in a 250r frame , than gunna make your teeth vibrate !
The only problem with putting the 650r inna 450r chassis ,the chassis is not strong enough. Modern gusset kits and it will not be a problem.

Also the 250r engine made the 250r chassis break , hence we got Laeger,Lonestar,Roll Design,PRM and lots more chassis's made for the 250R.:D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cr500 engine in a 250r frame , than gunna make your teeth vibrate !
The only problem with putting the 650r inna 450r chassis ,the chassis is not strong enough. Modern gusset kits and it will not be a problem.

Also the 250r engine made the 250r chassis break , hence we got Laeger,Lonestar,Roll Design,PRM and lots more chassis's made for the 250R.:D
Definately dont think the dirtbike transmissions can take the punishemnt either, i mean maybe the xr trans, but the geras just werent really meant to push an axle and 2 rear tires all day, i gues thats why like you said aftermarket companies make good stuff, i'd love to have a 450r with a cr500 engine...:xx:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Definately dont think the dirtbike transmissions can take the punishemnt either, i mean maybe the xr trans, but the geras just werent really meant to push an axle and 2 rear tires all day, i gues thats why like you said aftermarket companies make good stuff, i'd love to have a 450r with a cr500 engine...:xx:
Some can and some cannot. The CR500R and the XR650R are fairly strong tranny's. Alot stronga than the CRF450R anyway.

Cr500r engine in any quad chassis is not a good option unless your a duner. It has no counterbalancer. Vibrates likes a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I know, i went from a cr 500 to a banshee and was in heaven with the smoothness

·
Registered
671 Posts
That quad is still racing today, it is badass. Pretty much all custom though, the frame was designed around the motor. Uses a 250R geometry front end and custom no link rear end. Unless something breaks or they have a problem, it pretty much wins every race. Baxter is probably refering to the swingarm that broke, have not heard of any frame problems. I know at a race a couple of years ago they broke the swingarm in half.

It works well to. A couple of years ago they lapped me at a desert race. I was in the small whoops and thought I was moving pretty good. They passed me out in the big whoops like it was nothing, rider didn't even look like he was trying. I know if I had the money, one would be sitting in my garage.

As far as 650R conversions, I have never seen one in a 450R frame, the 450R frame is not tall enough to fit the 650R motor unless you cut it up. Most of the ones have seen use a 400EX chassis.

Doug

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That quad is still racing today, it is badass. Pretty much all custom though, the frame was designed around the motor. Uses a 250R geometry front end and custom no link rear end. Unless something breaks or they have a problem, it pretty much wins every race. Baxter is probably refering to the swingarm that broke, have not heard of any frame problems. I know at a race a couple of years ago they broke the swingarm in half.

It works well to. A couple of years ago they lapped me at a desert race. I was in the small whoops and thought I was moving pretty good. They passed me out in the big whoops like it was nothing, rider didn't even look like he was trying. I know if I had the money, one would be sitting in my garage.

As far as 650R conversions, I have never seen one in a 450R frame, the 450R frame is not tall enough to fit the 650R motor unless you cut it up. Most of the ones have seen use a 400EX chassis.

Doug

I want a cr500 motor in a 450r chassis, screw a 650 !!! lol

thats cool though, looked like a badass quad, I know laeger did th3 whole frame and suspension, i just have had bad experiences wih transmissions because they used to not be hardened like the four wheeler gears were, todays are prob all the same damn thing, or at least you would think for the ridiculous prices of everything

1 - 20 of 25 Posts