Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you think the best air filter for a good price would be. im not sure if i want to get k&n because of the price, but i might anyways.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Ive always heard good things about uni but never had any experiance with them myself
I have always used K+N without any problems and i ride in some realy dusty areas just make sure you got a good outerware on it

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've always used a UNI and had no problems with it even in very dusty conditions. It has always stopped the dust/dirt even when it's way over due for a cleaning.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ive always heard good things about uni but never had any experiance with them myself
I have always used K+N without any problems and i ride in some realy dusty areas just make sure you got a good outerware on it
Trust me the outerware does very little for fine dust, you may think it is not causing you any problems but, if you send in an oil sample for testing I bet you will think otherwise, I did and found that the K&N was letting through massive amounts of dirt detected in the oil, I have since then added a foam outerware to my K&N and will find out how it worked on my next sample, if it does not significantly drop the amount of dirt passing through the filter I will be switching to foam. For those interested in having their oil tested you can get this done at blackstone labs, it is $22 a sample but it gives you a world of info to protect your investment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts