Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i am about to purchase some amsoil and was wondering what kind i should purchase. In there powersports oil they only have a 0w40 for atvs and snowmobiles. Other then that they have 10w40 oil for marine and also 10w40 for scooters. I was wondering what kind i should buy, idk how but i am confused on oil. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only reason i didnt get that was because its 0w40 and not 10w but that doesnt matter

·
Registered
223 Posts
You can get the Amsoil motorcycle oil for wet clutches on a 10w-30 10w-40 and some more viscosities I run the 10w-40 and a Scott reusable filter

·
Registered
28 Posts
Doesn't the owners manual specifically say not to use 0w oils? I could have sworn I read that in there... anyone ever had any problems with 0w?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Doesn't the owners manual specifically say not to use 0w oils? I could have sworn I read that in there... anyone ever had any problems with 0w?
Good question. What is the advantage of 0w? Quicker through the system at startup due to less viscosity?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i talked to some one from amsoil and said i could run the 10w40 motorcycle oil or the 0w-40 and he said the 0w-40 being better for hot summers and cold winterrs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts