Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to make my 700 quicker like for drag racing and all but I DEFINITELY want to maintain the reliability because i do a lot of trail/mud riding on it. As of now, I have a Barker's exhaust, UNI filter, Alba programmer, and a 13 tooth front sprocket. What should i do next? I'm thinking a hotcam stage 2 or 3, or a high comp piston, but both after i can afford it. What do you guys think i should do? :confused:

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I had the ehs big 3 and I added a stage 3 hotcam to that. The cam only cost me $135 new and there wasn't a core charge. It was easy to install. According to EHS that cam should give about 5 more hp. I think Eric dynoed a XX with that setup and made like 51hp. It's a cheap way to pick up a few ponies.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what i was thinking about going with. does it affect the reliablility?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright thanks for the advice. where did you get yours from?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
you can get the cam off ebay pretty cheap as well. Webb also make nice cams but they require upgraded springs and rockers, so i guess the question is how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can get the cam off ebay pretty cheap as well. Webb also make nice cams but they require upgraded springs and rockers, so i guess the question is how much do you want to spend?
yeah, i'd love to get a webb but by the time you get the upgraded stuff it'd be a little out of my price range for now. hopefully my income taxes will be good to me and give me more back than im thinkin. lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts