Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What octane gas are these for? I run 93 octane reguarly. I might be a little rich... Would it be ok to lean it up some?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think it would be a matter of if you need to change plug #'s. Maybe I'm wrong though. Either way it looks like your running rich. Was that after running it around for a bit? Was it a new plug to start with after your build? Higher octane fuel burns slower so if anything it would be running a little cooler cyl temps if I'm not mistaken. Get ahold of Eric if thats who's stuff your using. He will set you straight I'm sure.

·
Registered
201 Posts
cooler temps and less hp with stock compression ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
High octane isn't required until you raise compression. The plug does look a bit rich though, Are you running the recommended programmer settings?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Those dobeck programmers always run a little rich, you could get a hotter plug that may help

·
Registered
12 Posts
There is a sticker on my gas tank saying to run premium from factory.
What year do you have, I've had a couple 08's and never seen the sticker. I'm not sure why they would suggest it though, 10:1 with an aluminum head wouldn't raise flags to me

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have the same sticker as well

·
Registered
821 Posts
08, I bought new so I know its factory. It is above the gas cap if you are sitting on it. Between the cap and bars.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I also have that same sticker on my 08 that I bought new

·
Registered
821 Posts
But you are running way rich. I don't know what part is doing it though. Over loading at idle, or wot. But somewhere your rich

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
:xx:
I have the same sticker as well
they all come with 93 sticker after about 8 months later from being new , the pressure washer an me spilling gas on it f3cked it up and it come loose on my 700XX

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
My sticker is still there after 2 years of use. I my be wrong but I use 93 octane in all my quads and lawn mower, always have.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Personally i run 50/50 aviation fuel and 93 pump gas with a 8oz marvels mystery oil per gal when im going to race or run WOT because of better throttle reponse... just trail riding is straight e-free 93 pump gas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts