Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about using amsoil. What weight oils are some of you using and why? Anyone tried different coolant and what do you think?

·
Registered
108 Posts
oil honda gn4 i will soon be using either motul racing full synth or amsoil, coolant will be changed to engine ice or redline i just used the honda oil for break in i'm a big fan of full synth oils

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've been using Mobil 1 since day one but I'm thinking about trying Amsoil. I use Engine Ice for coolant. It didn't really make a difference in engine temps as the radiator is usually packed with mud 30 minutes into a ride.

·
Registered
201 Posts
i am running amsoil 10-40 and have only noticed the clutch fades just a little more with full synth compared to organic but i can be hard on the clutch. :D

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
i am running amsoil 10-40 and have only noticed the clutch fades just a little more with full synth compared to organic but i can be hard on the clutch. :D
How much oil do put in the motor when you change it and filter ?

·
Registered
201 Posts
How much oil do put in the motor when you change it and filter ?
uh oh not this again!:lol:

lol just a little more than the manual recommends almost 2L if i remember right?:confused:

·
Registered
354 Posts
AMSOIL full synthetic 20w50 (its HOT here)

REDLINE SUPERCOOL with WATER WETTER

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not sure if this is true, but i have friends who drag race and they use a straight weight oil becuase the molecules are not hybrid like a 10/30 or 20/50. they prefer like an sae30 or sae40 weight, supposedly under alot of stress the straight weight oil will be alot less prone to molecular breakdown becuase they are bound together better...

if anyone knows this for sure, i mean the guys who told me have some crazy records and race weekly, but i'd still like to know for sure, seems like it would be truthful to me ?!?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Amsoil 10-40 and engine ice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts