Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have been contemplating getting new shocks. I want the fox shocks but they are super expensive. Do i really need the fox shox??? I don't race or anything just weekend warrior trail riding stuff. My question to you guys is... should i spend the big money and get the fully adjustable shocks or do you think that just having rebound on some elka's would be good enough? The elka's will be set up for my weight and riding style and have triple rate springs and better valving. So from what i've gathered they will ride just as good as the more expensive shocks only without the adjustability. What do yall think? Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks Hayden

·
Registered
340 Posts
Red, go with the Fox all round and mate for the small amount it costs atleast get compression and rebound. I have Fox all round and they are excellent its amazing how light the front shocks are to standard not to mention the performance. Also Fox and Elka have done a lot of development work with the 700xx concerning suspension.

Overlord

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate I can not speak highly enough when it concerns Mike what an excellent guy he has bent over backwards to help me.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I just got off the phone with Mike and he quoted me $2,399 for the set.
you should really talk with josh at wiggstyle. nothing wrong with atv galaxy just think you might want to save some money and still have good shocks.

·
Registered
755 Posts
He quoted me at $1100 for stage two elka's? I can get the fox float x evol from atv galaxy for $1,300.
Are you sure they're stage 2 for 1100? I just bought stage 2 elkas from my dealer for 940 plus tax.

Elkas site says
Stage 2 compression 940
Stage 3 compression, rebound 1195
Stage 3 hi/low compression 1330
Stage 4 hi/low compression, rebound 1570

If I were you, I'd go with the float evol, they have same features as stage 4 elkas at a cheaper price. I've heard nothing but great reviews from them and most of the pro's ride floats too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Folks I can assure, you have been quoted for Generation 2 because thats what Galaxy sent me for the same price. I will answer your question for you YES you want them and YES you need them.

Overlord

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i would get the fox shocks they are what you want and if you spend a lot of money on shocks you need to get the ones you want or else you wont be happy. i was going to buy the fox first as well like the way they look and they preform great. but i wanted longtravel for the dunes so i went with my houser elka set up whick ended up costing about the same as just the fox shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Are you sure they're stage 2 for 1100? I just bought stage 2 elkas from my dealer for 940 plus tax.

Elkas site says
Stage 2 compression 940
Stage 3 compression, rebound 1195
Stage 3 hi/low compression 1330
Stage 4 hi/low compression, rebound 1570

If I were you, I'd go with the float evol, they have same features as stage 4 elkas at a cheaper price. I've heard nothing but great reviews from them and most of the pro's ride floats too.
Can you PM me the name of your dealer or post it in the thread?

·
Registered
755 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.