Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shoes do you ride in? I know its pretty easy to catch a root or slip off the peg, but do you ride in riding boots or what?

Me personally for now - tennis shoes :D Been thinking about riding boots, but I want to be able to move my ankle shift - not my whole leg to shift.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
My neighbor actually gave me a pair of boots that were practically new. What sucks is that the toe area is to blunt and don't have sufficient room to get under the shifter with your heel on the pegs. All my dirt bike buddies swear on wearing them to keep from getting hurt like in my picture post but its almost impossible. I've been sporting my old nike's lol

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think i'll stick to the tennis shoes :D My buddy with the YFZ450 bought some Alpinestars.. he was wearing his doc martins by the end of the day ;)

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
You'll regret wearing "tennis" shoes (we call them sneakers :) ) once you miss the peg and run over your foot. That's worse than riding without goggles. I've seen some nasty accidents like that. Compound fractures, broken ankles, broken feet, etc.

Riding boots are worth every penny they cost. Invest in some good ones. They're only stiff for a while until they're broken in. I can't imagine riding in anything less.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I am looking to get some lace up steel toes or something though, Some good thick leather around the foot and ankles isn't a bad idea

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You'll regret wearing "tennis" shoes (we call them sneakers :) ) once you miss the peg and run over your foot. I've seen some nasty accidents like that. Compound fractures, broken ankles, broken feet, etc.

Riding boots are worth every penny they cost. Invest in some good ones. They're only stiff for a while until they're broken in. I can't imagine riding in anything less.
One of the guys on the dirtbikes that rode with us this weekend just bought some new Gaerne boots. He said his alpinestars wore out before the broke in. They look really uncomfortable.

I am looking to get some lace up steel toes or something though, Some good thick leather around the foot and ankles isn't a bad idea
I agree. I'll probably be looking for something snake proof as well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Alpinestar Tech 3 boots for me. Just adjust the shift lever for more room, break the boots in real good and you will have great protection when riding. I rolled mine over on myself and the rear tire pinned my foot down. No damage to me or the quad, but without good boots, i'm pretty sure I would have at least fractured my ankle

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
oops... 5WOP3....i messed up your post...went to quote you, and hit the "edit" button by mistake. Sorry bout that!

Feel free to repost it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
You'd be surprised how many morons are out there that ride in shorts and no helmet.

And don't think that heel guards or even nerf bars will save your leg from getting sucked under the tire...I've still seen it happen even with those. But yes it does reduce the risk greatly.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alpinestar Tech 3 boots for me. Just adjust the shift lever for more room, break the boots in real good and you will have great protection when riding. I rolled mine over on myself and the rear tire pinned my foot down. No damage to me or the quad, but without good boots, i'm pretty sure I would have at least fractured my ankle
My YFZ buddy has the Tech 3's also. I see the benefits, I just dont know if I ride hard enough or in enough tight spots that would cause the quad to do something like that that I would REALLY benefit from having them.

Nerf bars save feet.

oops... 5WOP3....i messed up your post...went to quote you, and hit the "edit" button by mistake. Sorry bout that!

Feel free to repost it.
Fixed. :D

Yeah they had a post on another site where some guy was talking about nerf bars and how great they were because...get this...when he was wearing shorts his leg went under the wheel and rashed-it pretty bad.

Um...who rides with short on anyways?
Yea, i'll never ride with shorts on. If you have nerf bars, how does your leg get under the rear tire? Between the fender and the peg? OUCH!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<---- has went riding without a helmet.

<----- organ donor.

<----- lol

lol... I dont think i could ride with out a helmet and goggles ever again. I love not having grass, dirt, rocks, in my eyes and mouth.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Yep, gets in behind the peg, or goes off the side (past the protection of the nerf bar) and then behind and under (usually from landing weird off a jump).

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yep, gets in behind the peg, or goes off the side (past the protection of the nerf bar) and then behind and under (usually from landing weird off a jump).
Maybe i'm just a fatass, but my feet don't come off the pegs very much :lmao:.

I'm also not going for record height.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yeah they had a post on another site where some guy was talking about nerf bars and how great they were because...get this...when he was wearing shorts his leg went under the wheel and rashed-it pretty bad.

Um...who rides with short on anyways?
Lol I seen that post over on ATV. I think he stated the tire ripped his pants off of him lmao and he had to ride back in his underwear.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts