Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i get houser desert a arms or fox podium rear shocks ??? ALL input appreciated !!!

Do the houser a arms help the ride ??? are podium x's that big of a difference against stock.

by the way I wiegh 140 pounds.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Shocks first the stock shocks leave a lot to be desired

·
Registered
671 Posts
You know you need new front shocks to use those a-arms, correct? They are a long shock arm, so the stock shocks won't work.

Could always get front a-arms and shocks and then revalve the stock rear shocks, would be a budget setup and should be a good improvement over stock.

Doug

EDIT: Just saw your other post and see you have Evol's on the front. After looking at Houser's shock specs, they may just work, would confirm with Houser that the extended and compressed lengths for the shocks you have would work with there arms. If they do, my suggestion would be to get the arms then revalve/respring the rear shocks. For the rears, check with Ceballos, he can recomend a guy in SoCal that can do the work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the fox floats were meant for the houser arms when i bought them. They said there right. I just have to decide if i want new a arms for the front or get rid of the stock rear shocks and get fox podium x's.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm not sure if you are racing or not, but if you are just aggressive trail riding, I would upgrade the rear shocks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know i mean i don't race but i do ride fast when i do. I like to do trails, desert and the dunes :/ Would i really notic a big difference with after market a arms ???

·
Registered
671 Posts
You would for sure notice a difference with the a-arms, the quad will actually turn and no more push since you can adjust the castor. Plus the extra width would be a plus also.

Biggest question is, what do you think of the rear shocks now? Do you think they work well or are they holding you back? As I said in my other post, I would get a-arms and revalve/respring the rears.

Doug

·
Registered
192 Posts
The problem is i wiegh 135 pounds. there okay i guess i just stand up to get thrue the rough stuff
Damn, you're just a little guy, the XX probably doesn't even know you're on there, lol.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts