Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so 2 start off i just wana say that i think that the 700 is the best quad that i have owned!!:yay: But i bought her like 3 weeks ago and on my first ride i got a slice in the rear right sidewall bout 1 1/2 inches wide. So i bought another stock dunlop tire and that was fine. So a couple days later i went out again and what do u know i get a small puncture/slash in my rear left sidewall!!:steamed: So i say the hell with the cheap dunlops and go with razr2 in the front and razr in the back, i have always used razrs on my other quads and loved them and never had any probs with them. Well went out riding again 2day and the razrs only had bout 1 1/2 hrs on them and the right rear is flat and i had 2 ride like 2 gear all the way home:lol:. now i dont consider myself 2 be a hardcore rider but i do like 2 go fast through the trails, i dont know if i need 2 adjust the shocks or what is goin on?? I weigh bout 240 and am 6ft 3 and i am ridin bout 5psi in the tires all round, i dont know what is goin on but i do know that i cant keep putin a 100 every time i ride into tires!!! PLZ HELP

·
Registered
537 Posts
Make sure you're not losing air at the bead. Sometimes they are not sealed well and will leak. Also I would suggest installing tubes in the rear tires as back up puncture protection. I have over 500 miles on mine in some of the nastiest rocky conditions and have yet to puncture a tire. I have slices all over them, but nothing all the way through.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I run 6 psi in the front and 5.5 psi in the rear and never had a problem it's rocky as #@$$ down here in Tennessee.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanx 4 the info i know that there not losing air at the bead cuz i can see the slice on each of the 3 tires that went flat! But as far as the tubes go that is interesting:yay:, what tupe ru running and could u give me a link 2 buy them??

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just got them at a local Cycle Gear so I don't have a part number or anything. They didn't have an 11" so I used a 12" tube.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so did u have any control issues using the 12 in an 11 inch rim? i have 22x10x11 in the rear and the closes thing that i could find was the 23.5X8X11. do u think that will work cuz i wana get something 2 help from these sidewalls slashing!! And does anybody have a clue what is going on with these tires?? Maybe i should try lowering the psi from 5 to 4 and maybe go on a diet!!!:lmao:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
sounds weird to me... been riding with them in some pretty rutted and rocky areas and not a single slash, flat, or puncture...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yas i dont know what the f<<< is goin on??/ i had ridden my 400 with the razrs and never had any probs, and i really rode the 440 hard!! the only thing i can think is it is coming from the irs when im going round turns and i think that thew rim is rolling on the tire cuz when i go round a turn all the weight is on 1 of the rear tires and like i said im a pretty big guy at 240. any1 think this mght be the prob and how can i solve this

·
Banned
711 Posts
i got a puncture in the rear 2 days after i bought the quad, threw an inner tube in their and have been riding on that every since..... make sure you keep 6-6.5 lbs in the rear tire, other then that every one else hit the nail on the head and ya i used that 23.5x8x11 inner tube

·
Registered
551 Posts
I weight 235 lbs have the same tire and mine is in the rockiest s#@t u can find anywhere, :steamed: and I mean anywhere and the only prob i had with stock is a small tree that broke went through the side wall like a knife,:disgust: but no problems with the razrs.:yay: And I beat the $#@t out of mine. Lowerin the pressure is only gonna hurt u, if anything raise it, thats my advice. Cause lowerin it will make them pinch on rocks aginst the rim eaiser.:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah well i went out and bought a digital psi gauge last night and found out that the other rear tire that is good is reading 3.5 psi!!:steamed: When i got the tires put on at the local honda shop they told me that they were at 5psi in all 4 tires, well i think that i know what is goin on there isnt enough psi in them and there pinching goin round turns!! I called the stealership 2day and told him what is going on and all he had 2 say was that i need 2 stop running into things---DICKHEAD:birds:. but anyways what psi should i be running in the bak and what in the fronts??

·
Registered
134 Posts
10 in the front and 6 in the rear.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ive had one small sidewall puncture I ride in about the same areas as 700xxcrazy. I run the recommended pressures front and back and have no complaints. My wifes Teryx on the other hand eats tires. We keep a 60 count tire plug kit for it. On the last ride we went on it took 23 plugs in one rear to get back. We had a spare but dont ask where the lug nuts for it were (back at the trailer). It has since gotten a set of 8 ply GBC's on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Got a puncture in the sidewall today (have done 7hrs in total), took four plugs in the one hole to get me home. Think rzr's wont be far away for me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have 58hrs on mine riding at tower city, pa... not a hole one. I just rode the harescramble course from last year 2 weeks ago, and ran the course the day b4 the race this past weekend. Anyone who knows tower, knows what kinda beating tires take there... Maybe Im just lucky :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts