Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST OFF I am not willing to goto a 13 sprocket the gearing for me is spot on.
Ok so I want more HP, but wanting to go the next logical step with out spending TONS of money. Interested in everyones thoughts and Ideas on this.
I have a DMC Full exhaust EHS controller and air box lid and a UNI filter.

What would be next? I am not a mechanic so anything more than what I have done will have to be done by someone else.

Im getting better Tires and they are heavier and I remember on my 660 raptor It did make a difference when I drag raced. I got better traction but it wasnt as fast. and Im wanting to make sure I stay as fast or hopefully get more speed.

Not wanting to have to run race fuel because there is NO where to get it around me.
:xx:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Suspension not HP

Man you dont need more HP you need suspension, start with the front and work your way to the back. You can have all the HP you want but someone with suspesion is going to ride right around you. Forget about HP your speed lays in your suspension. If you can not afford it start saving.

·
Registered
340 Posts
55-60rwhp will mean nothing when you come up against a 700xx packing suspension. Seriousley just ask ceballos, Matlock, Baxter, Remington steel, Cow Chaser etc.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
yes this is true you need better suspension if your gonna do something like xc racing. If your just wanting straight line acceleration for something like mud drags. Then maybe go with a cam, piston, rockers, and maybe a bigger throttle body or a bored TB?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
I have always wondered why everyone seems to Overlook Suspension, I realize its one of the more expensive upgrades but if you save up to buy an Exhaust at 700-900 then saving a little while longer for a good set of shocks makes sense too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Red you have seen the light, it cost me a small fortune and some major embaresment before I learnt that suspension = speed. :yay:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Maybe he already has a plan for suspension..................kind of hijacking his thread into a hp versus suspension thingy.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
FIRST OFF I am not willing to goto a 13 sprocket the gearing for me is spot on.
Ok so I want more HP, but wanting to go the next logical step with out spending TONS of money. Interested in everyones thoughts and Ideas on this.
I have a DMC Full exhaust EHS controller and air box lid and a UNI filter.

What would be next? I am not a mechanic so anything more than what I have done will have to be done by someone else.

Im getting better Tires and they are heavier and I remember on my 660 raptor It did make a difference when I drag raced. I got better traction but it wasnt as fast. and Im wanting to make sure I stay as fast or hopefully get more speed.

Not wanting to have to run race fuel because there is NO where to get it around me.
:xx:

OK , rather than piss you off and been a new comer, What kind of riding do you do ?
:birds: Behave Overlord and play nice !:D

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man, Captamer stated he wanted to stay fast and get more speed, I just told him how to do it the right way.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Man, Captamer stated he wanted to stay fast and get more speed, I just told him how to do it the right way.

Tell me his setup for the 700xx , talking everything.

He may have full Elka and houser setup with let's say Precision dampner.

You only know by talking to the member and listen to what he has got , what he wants .

OK , tricky one , I want to go faster !
I could post pics but Admin has not sorted out my problem ! :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry Baxter, I was trying to be straight down the line with my remark may be I need a :beat:

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Sorry Baxter, I was trying to be straight down the line with my remark may be I need a :beat:
Never !
Talk to the member first , If youre right "Congrats" if youre wrong he or she has just spent there money and gained nothing.
Hell if I posted everything I tried , we would all be bancrupt !:D

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
This is just my opinion....

judging by his signature, he doesn't have any suspension... if you want to STAY fast, get your suspension upgraded! If you ONLY drag race, go ahead and tear into the motor...

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I say hit the gym 10-12 times a week, eat salads, lose some weight, and you'll be all set :lmao::lmao:

Seriously, it depends what you are doing for riding like Baxter is saying. I agree suspension will make you go faster in trails and everything, but you have to let us know what you are looking for by what kind of riding you do. I did the Big 3, and I blew my oil ring so due to the fact that I had to tear down the engine anyway, I sank some serious dough into it with the big bore kit and stuff. Has all the power I want now, but I don't race hard with it or anything. I have the 450s that have everything done to them for that stuff. But if I am going to hit it hard and heavy, I suppose suspension is what I have left to do (this is like my daily driver so I haven't done that yet as the ds450 shocks are fine by me).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I plan on getting the Fox Floats but am interested in also MORE HP and thought this would be a good thread to get people thinking and there ideas
Thanks overlord.

Man you dont need more HP you need suspension, start with the front and work your way to the back. You can have all the HP you want but someone with suspesion is going to ride right around you. Forget about HP your speed lays in your suspension. If you can not afford it start saving.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts