Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a dumb question..... but I was wondering.... what do people do that go to a riding area with a pick up truck and tri fold aluminum ramps.......

I know that they can be chained and locked, but that really does not stop people from cutting the cable or chain and walking off with them.....and obviously I can not put it inside my 2 door Silverado....

Is there something that yall do when at riding area's....?????

I dont want to bring my trailer in place of the ramps all the time to take my quad riding.....

·
Registered
551 Posts
Put them under the back wheel of ur truck and back up on top them, they should not bend, I have buddies that do this. It always works.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ramps

We usually drive over ours so they cant "walk off"...

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've never heard anyone having this problem. If they need the ramps bad enough to cut a chain or cable i'd let em have it.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I've never heard anyone having this problem. If they need the ramps bad enough to cut a chain or cable i'd let em have it.
I have never heard of it either. I just leave mine in the back of my truck, never had one stolen. I would think driving over one would be less effective then chaining it. With a chain or cable, you at least need something that would cut it. Drive over it, all you need is a jack to raise the truck a inch or so and it is yours. Not many peole have cutters in there truck, but everyone has a jack.

Doug

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Put them under the back wheel of ur truck and back up on top them, they should not bend, I have buddies that do this. It always works.

See....I never would have thought of that...Good idea......

I just had too many things as of late stolen..and my trust has deminished a bit...

(My 2006 Raptor 700R, and my landscaping equipment was stolen 1 day after moving back to Georgia as it was being kept at my wifes friends house until our closing on our house)

From what I have read on the ATV locations in Georgia...people are having a lot of things stolen.....I guess it being the economy and such....

These ramps I paid close to $150 a while back and they are aluminum not steel.....

I could back over them and lock/chain them to the undercarriage of the truck...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
hmm... thats weird... i just came back from a ride to the desert... really packed! we left the ramps in the bed of the truck, but without thinking about it... came back and still where we left them...

·
Registered
121 Posts
i drive over mine too...if someone really wanted to jack my truck up and take them then let them...theres really nothing else you can do to protect them.

and dont you think people would notice someone walking up to a truck and jacking it up? haha i just think its funny that people would go through so much trouble for ramps.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I don't think I want to ride in your areas... too many thieves. I have 7' non-folding ramps and just leave them in my truck bed. The only place I've ever had a problem with things walking off was at Pismo... my gas can walked off, but my ramps were locked to my truck with a cable and were still there when I finished my ride.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
yeah i too just throw them in the back of the truck but i think im to trusting sometomes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Geez guys, some of you must really live in a harsh enviroment. I've never had anything stolen from the truck but i guess i'm just a lucky one comepared to some of these posts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ya I guess I am pretty luck around where I live. I have even left my truck unlocked and keys in it before, never had a problem. If someone steals it, well I guess they need it more than I do.

Kind of off topic, what kind of ramps is everyone using? I been looking for a nice set of ramps that are wider. I got a cheap set of steel ones now, while they are very strong, they arent very wide. My King Quad is kind of scarry going up and down because with the stock tires on it, its almost too wide. With my mud tires on I cant even drive it up the ramps, gotta put it on a trailer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ya I guess I am pretty luck around where I live. I have even left my truck unlocked and keys in it before, never had a problem. If someone steals it, well I guess they need it more than I do.

Kind of off topic, what kind of ramps is everyone using? I been looking for a nice set of ramps that are wider. I got a cheap set of steel ones now, while they are very strong, they arent very wide. My King Quad is kind of scarry going up and down because with the stock tires on it, its almost too wide. With my mud tires on I cant even drive it up the ramps, gotta put it on a trailer.
Folding arched ramps on Ebay, 7 or 8 footers are great and fairly cheap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Back over them with my truck,had good luck so far,as i still have them.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Try this link. These should be wide enough. Not cheap, but very good ramps.
http://discountramps.com/extra-wide-atv-ramps.htm

roadkill

1 - 19 of 19 Posts