Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i got a pair of Maxxis Zilla's on the way and im thinking about putting them on my stock rims for a while. I was planning on buying new OMF rims which would run me about $800. but, i havent had my quad for a full summer yet and i think the stock rims will hold up for the rest of the summer or at least for a while.

I guess my question for you all is, should i get those rims for $800, or, should i take that money and get a pcIII USB and a FMF slip on? possibly a EHS lid too, i already got a UNI Filter. which would be more benificial to me?

the main reasonim asking is because the slip on and the lid and the PC will give me the power i like and that will be fun, but, what good is the power if you dont have any rims to ride on? just wondering if the stock rims hold up in mud for a whole summer?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with Scuzz, the wheels will be fine in the mud, sand, dirt roads etc... get the Power Commander and Pipe. if you plan on any other engine mods later I would consider a full exhaust system.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Also I wouldn't wast your money on the EHS lid especially since you already have a uni filter. remove the air box lid. If you want added protection for your filter get an outerwears pre-filter. This will breath better and cost less.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Also I wouldn't wast your money on the EHS lid especially since you already have a uni filter. remove the air box lid. If you want added protection for your filter get an outerwears pre-filter. This will breath better and cost less.
:stupid: I made my own lid it works better than EHS in IMO. And it cost me 25 bones an a little time. Not got alot of money for mods so everything i can do myself I do. Which front sprocket do you have cause goin to 24" tires is gonna kill power on the bottom unless u change it, IMO u shoould get a 12t front cause mine has a 13t with stock tires and its perfect, so if ur puttin 24" u should drop to a 12t , but just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
For mud and water the stock lid sucks. Get an EHS lid and remove the drain plug from your air box. I've done a LOT of creek riding (about 40 miles) and found the stock lid actually funnels the mud and debris into the airbox and on top of the filter, to which it becomes ingrained with little bits of sand and mud.

Run the stock lid if you like replacing filters.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
551 Posts
:steamed:If i could get some pics on here u guys could see what i did to mine!:steamed:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thanks, Scuzz!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.