Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the ITP T9 wheel/tire package for all 4. I have installed them but now i'm having second thoughts. I got them for less than $600 from DK. Now i'm wondering if i should send them back and go with bead locks like hypers or something else. more money isn't a big deal if Im getting a good wheel/tire. The wheel kit has 22s on the rear and man it really made my quad taller. Now its wider too but it is real tall.
What wheels are you guys buying???

·
Registered
7 Posts
I looked at Hipertech and after awhile got frustrated trying to determine what rear wheel size they could set me up with. I was leaning toward 10" diameter. So, I called OMF and talked with Tim the owner, then Bones. Three weeks later my 10x5 (3+2) fronts and 10x7 (4+3) rears showed up and I couldn't be happier. Super Lite Beadlock & center with welded on innner reinforcing rings. With Maxxis Razr II tires all around the back is a little wide, but I plan on widening the front when the funds allow it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
stock wheels are 22'' so how did i make it taller? and id keep the itp, unless ur racen and/or have a built motor u wont need the bead locks.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I looked at Hipertech and after awhile got frustrated trying to determine what rear wheel size they could set me up with. I was leaning toward 10" diameter. So, I called OMF and talked with Tim the owner, then Bones. Three weeks later my 10x5 (3+2) fronts and 10x7 (4+3) rears showed up and I couldn't be happier. Super Lite Beadlock & center with welded on innner reinforcing rings. With Maxxis Razr II tires all around the back is a little wide, but I plan on widening the front when the funds allow it.
Where the 10x7 , a DWT ot ITP rim ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
OMF used Douglas red label wheels to modify.

The beadlocks are costly, but with the added strength on the outer lip, and with reinforcing rings on the inner lip, they should deal with a lot more abuse. I bent three OEM wheels in the first three months of riding last year.

Computer keyboard Bicycle part Rim Automotive tire Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
239 Posts
go with SS112 rims and Razrs!

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was wondering that myself