Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 Red/Black 700xx...Here is what I have done to it..
Barkers Exhaust System
EHS computer
EHS air lid
Pro Armor front bumper
Pro Armor Nerf Bars
Acerbis Hand guards
Vapor Trail Computer
Gripper Seat
24in Kenda Bear Claws
23in Kenda Bear Claws - Brand new
Factory Rear tires have maybe 20 miles on them
Odi Lock on Grips
Red Tusk Aluminum gas cap
All factory exhaust, heel guards

I have seen them on Craigs list go for 4500.00 but they were all stock. I have put 2k worth of parts on it..would it be worth 6500.00 ?? It is in great shape, no scratches, never been mudding. It has had the 20 hour service done and oil change. I have maybe 40 hours on the 700xx...I may need to sell it here in a month or so if I don't find a job. I was offered 7k for it back a few months ago but I had a job then, now the guy went out and bought him a Brute Force..Should have sold it then, now it is just sitting there in the garage.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
dang for 7k i would have sold it on the spot!... they're not worth a whole lot... you can probably get away with just about 4000-4500... anything over that, i would rather go and buy myself a new one from a dealer... just my opinion

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dealers are not selling them for $5000 any more. Their price is back up to $8500 stock. I am sure you could make money or break even on it with out taking it apart. It also depends on how bad you want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
just saw an 08 that was 3750 out the door at a dealer last week!... if i had the money, i would have been all over it!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Agreed. The best thing to do is pull your aftermarket stuff and sell it as stock. The exhaust and programer should get u a few hundred. Aftermarket parts don't boost the resale price

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would say try to sell your aftermarket stuff as well.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Have to agree. Aftermarket parts really don't boost the value at all. You'll be better off to part them out and sell it stock. Everyone loves the barkers, i'm sure you will have no problem selling it for the right price, hell i'd buy it if i had the cash but with the holidays and all kinda broke. anyways good luck

·
Registered
377 Posts
Let us know how you make out glock17tj. Also, how long it took you to take the extra's off and put the stock items back on.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I had to sell it and take off the parts, I would take off the exhaust and programmer..it would take 30 min. I would leave all the stuff on...I did change the sproket to a 13t, I have a 12t and 14t..I have an extra red factory seat cover. I may take the grips off and put them on my Honda Foreman 450es, that is my hunting 4 wheeler. Other than that I would jsut sell it as it...I really don't want to sell it but if times get hard here in the next month or so I will have to sell it.....I was thinking 5500.00 for all, I mean all factory parts, 3 sets of rear tires, extra sprokets and Vapor trail computer...it only has around 40hrs on it. Just did not get to ride it much and with me being laid off from work does not help.

I am not going to take off the nerf bars, they were a pain to get on and I am sure they would be a pain to get off. Plus I think I lost a few of the factory bolts for the heel guards..Ooppss. I bought this 4 wheeler and had it set up in a few weeks with all I have listed on it. I rode it 2 times down the road and back..about 2 miles maybe. Then I put the exhaust and programmer on it and nerf bars. I rode it up the mountain and back 4 miles carried it home and changed the seat and sproket( it was dry so no mud on it...) I put the grips and trail computer on it at 20 hours, did the full service, check valves, changed oil...made sure all was still good. My Dad is a BMW Motorcycle Mechanic so I know it was all was done good and on point. He put the computer on and made sure it was wired up correctly. The bike has seen mud one time and I washed it as soon as I got home and then washed it again the next day in the sunlight to make sure it was clean. Then I wiped all the plastic down with plastic cleaner, even cleaned the tires with tire cleaner, then put up in the garage. I am kinda anal about my stuff being clean. I am try to alway spray all the dirt off when I get home from riding, which usually is at night. The next day in the sunlight I wash it with Hot soapy water and use a brush to clean all under neath. So it looks brand new when I get done..

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I forgot I out black shock covers on it with a red spider web....I also have some Black Widow spders on the side of the gas tank...I did not have to trail computer on it in these pics..The nerf bar were silver and that was all they had in stock, so I got them and painted them Black with silver metal flakes...

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Dang, hope you don't have to sell her

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bike is clean. I think that parting it out would net more money up front. You could get some good money out of the extra tires and all. But If you think abotu it. Your bike being so clean and having the parts on it sets yours apart from other 700xx's. Maybe giving you an advantage on the market of selling.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
How are the non-slip grips? I got a set for my R, but haven't really rode with them. They feel a little bigger.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have the odi rouge lock on grips and they are awesome. Fitment 100% and very good feel. Was tough to get the left grip on becuase the pro taper bars have grooves cut in on teh left side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love the Odi grips..I still have the stock bars so they were easy to get on. It was a pain getting the old stock ones off, but after I figured it out I was good to go. I did not read up on how to get the stock ones off, but after 20 min of looking and seeing how it all worked I had them off in a few mins..

I am going to try my best to keep her and not sell her. I just started Welding school today and it runs for 15 weeks ..8-3pm everyday. They tell me I will have a job before or when I finish school. My instructor told me the guys leave here making at least 18 bucks an hr. He also said guys who give it their all will bump their pay up to 28 bucks an hr in a year or two. He said if you want it and go after it you will be the man everyone will want and they will pay you really good. The instructor told me every Thurs is project day, so if you have something you want to build or work on bring it to school. So I guess I will be bringing some stuff to work and making stuff. So if you any of you guys have any ideas for the 700xx let me know and I will get on it. I also got a Machinist degree and the machine shop is next door to the welding school. I know the instructor and he will let me machine any parts I want to. This is going to be great, I get to goto school and I like it. I will have a million things built before I get out of class...Thanks for all of the input and send me some ideas and as soon as I get to the point where I can work on my own I will be all over it !!!

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I had a Can Am dealer offer me $2500.00 in trade on mine!! Not that I would trade it for that, but sill. A Yamaha dealer offered me $4200.00 which was good actually. I want to get a Renegade X xc now, but I refuse to let my XX go for less than $5K. I, like you, have a lot of aftermarket parts on mine. I have it listed on Craigslist for $5500.00 and haven't had one bite in over two months. Unless Honda releases an '11 or '12 model, or stops selling them dirt cheap, the value is going to suck. Tough to take, since I paid list for mine. I love it, but am finding myself in the need for 4wd more than I thought.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want get a Can-am as well, but I want the Mud machine you know the one for 13k !!! Ouch !! I have a 2004 Honda Foreman 450es, I use it for hunting and trail riding. During the summer we all go riding and I am the only one on a sport Quad. I am the one that avoids all the mud holes, because I don't want to get stuck or tear up my 700xx. I can outrun everyone but they alway go slow and I have to stay in 2nd gear for the most part. I can't really get on it because the trail is rough or other riders. Plus I can't carry another rider and if I had the Can-am 800 mud machine I could carry my girlfriend. So we end up carrying 3 4wheelers and I end up being the one that has to clean all of them when we get home..I am going to stick it out and hang on to the ole 700xx unless I get a really good deal on it. If I really wanted the Can-am bad enough I could trade all 3 of my hondas in for one..Can-am...but then again, I need to keep my 450es...It has been a work horse and a really good 4 wheeler. I have an 05 Foreman 500es as well, but the 450es is better than the 500es. It just shifts better and rides better, the 500 just does not work as well....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts