Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Honda makes a new 700xx what would you guys and gals like to see???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Coil over adjustable front shocks at a minimum.

I would also like to see a long travel front AND rear suspention. This may have to be left to the aftermarket who would have had several choices for us by now if the XX was still in production. Seems like it would be easy to build wider rear a-arms and set the wheel base back and forward a couple inches. Obviously the rear would require longer axles, but LT UTV kits use them so it shouldnt be a big deal. I have long travel on my Rhino and the stability and ride it provides was worth the price for the kit. I would concider a LT kit for my XX if the price was resonable.

·
Registered
370 Posts
maybe a straight axle option for the people that perfer sra over irs. it sure would be lighter:hey:

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I'd like a lot of things, better shocks, tires, larger swaybar & fuel tank, E-brake that works more than one ride, better location for reverse lever, like on bars. 4 wd maybe? More power if not put the right sprockets on them so they will at least hold there own idle. That's just off the top of my head.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Id like to see stock Fox,Elka,Motowoz shocks. No less than 60hp and FIX THE PUSH!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
maybe a straight axle option for the people that perfer sra over irs. it sure would be lighter:hey:
i think those people just bought raptors

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Id like to see stock Fox,Elka,Motowoz shocks. No less than 60hp and FIX THE PUSH!!!!!!

Agreed, fix the steering and upgrade the shocks and it would be a beast from the factory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A aftermarket slip on and programer would also make a great option.

Tires would also need to be changed as the factory tires are too weak for real hard play time.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Compression/rebound adjustable shocks all around
stiffer rear sway bar
modify rear a arms so they can fit 10" wheels and still be 46" wide
21" front 20" rear tires
more caster in front end
fat bars

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Considering what the 700x IS and what it ISN'T...

1. Good adjustable shocks all around.
2. Better stock tires.
3. 10" rim for rear, while keeping rear from being too wide.
4. Better (stiffer) sway bar.
5. Lighter.

Other things we may wish to see are more in the area of personal preference and should be left to owner selection from the after market based on owner preference and needs.
I don't think Honda will ever make a good e-brake, so didn't list that.
Perhaps Honda could also come out with a Special Edition model with some of the common mods and bling.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Good shocks
Rear shocks with good enough slow speed compression that we don't have to run a stiffer bar
The proper camber and caster on the front
A 4WD option
A red/white option
Better stock tires(goes for pretty much all ATVs)
4-110 all the way around

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've often thought about that also... Having a straight axle option.. I think it would be awesome. But are they even coming out with a 700xx again

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
How about a small dry storage compartment?? Haha and maybe more than 2 color options. Other than that what everyone else is saying.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
What I keep reading is suspension and steering. Granted they would be nice, but most of you will still change the shocks and the a-arms anyway. So in my opinion why change or get something that will be getting replaced with aftermarket anyway. I would like to have a motor more capable of really getting some high horsepower numbers. I don't really need 100hp. But if the motor is capable of more, it will be easier for me to get to say 60 and not be near the limit of some of the parts. I might not have stated this properly. But I think stick a better head on it or something. Forget the sra, buy a raptor. Irs is the xx. I do add some sort of dry storage. I would also like to add change the rear a little to keep 46 wide, but allow more rim options. I would also like a clutch 4wd, but the motor will need more HP.

·
Registered
671 Posts
My biggest thing would be to put the XX on a diet, like Boost said, loosing 50 lbs would be great. I guess better shocks would be a benefit to alot of riders also, I would still prefer the cheapest shock out there, figure I am going to replace them anyway, the cheaper the stock shocks the cheaper the price of the quad overall. A redesign of the rear suspension to use 10" wheels would also be a good change.

A redesign of the plastics would be nice. After tearing my 700XX down months ago and now getting it back together, I am trying to remember what bolt is used to hold what panel on, I decided this thing is a pain to remove/install the plastics on compared to my 450R's/250R! Needs to be simpler.

Thats really about it, quad isn't anywhere near the best in stock form, but even if it was better, I would probably end up replacing a good amount of stuff anyway, so the cheaper the cost of the quad, the better.

Doug

·
Registered
87 Posts
A redesign of the plastics would be nice. After tearing my 700XX down months ago and now getting it back together, I am trying to remember what bolt is used to hold what panel on, I decided this thing is a pain to remove/install the plastics on compared to my 450R's/250R! Needs to be simpler.Doug
I am surprised none of the plastic companies haven't designed 450R style "race" front clip for the XX. I think that would be a big seller.

If you go with a carburetor and ditch the FI and do a bunch of other things you can knock nearly 50lbs off. It takes some time and money though. Honda made no attempt to save weight on this thing.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
1-New redesigned chassis with a new IRS rear end.
2-Lighter, alot lighter.
The rest , I can buy aftermarket or find from using other OEM parts. :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts