Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the Big 3 done and im totally impressed with it. Now I want some opinions on what mod i should do next. Im thinking a cam but not sure. Any info would be great. I guess once you start you cant stop so on to the next task. By the way I absolutely love my barkers exhuast.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I rate mods in 3 basic categories...

1. Things that make the quad safer or handle better... Nerf bars, steering damper, good bumper, tires, shocks... etc., etc.

2. Things that make the quad preform better... Big 3, tires, shocks, steering damper.

3. Bling... Stuff that just makes the quad look good. (Low priority)

Further mods are a matter of choice... but I'd recommend mods that make the quad safer and then mods that make it preform better. You'll notice there are some mods that are in #1 AND #2... These are mods that I'd put at the top because will make the quad handle better AND preform better. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ive been thinkin of doing a cam as well but have held off. and like roadkill went with suspension mods. now this isnt an always situation but havinging the most horse power and not being able to controle it will make you slower. i really noticed this at the dunes last time. i didnt win every drag race but nobody wanted to try and keep up with me through three miles of whoops.(other than dirtbikes) i really think its all about what your gonna do with your quad on deciding which mods will be the next best one for you.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i was thinking maybe shocks and arms but i need to hold off a month or 2 cause thats another 1000.00 bucks or more. I reslly like those precision handle bars. do any of you have them.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i have them on order i also have the big 3 with suspension all around done (once my rear shocks turn up) done nerfs steel brake lines only thing i have to buy is a precision pro steering damper and then i will be doing engine mods

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Yeah i was thinking maybe shocks and arms but i need to hold off a month or 2 cause thats another 1000.00 bucks or more. I reslly like those precision handle bars. do any of you have them.
if you go elka stage 3 on all 4 corners they are 2390.00 shipped

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
if you go elka stage 3 on all 4 corners they are 2390.00 shipped

Or you could do what I did and save a little money. I knew I wanted rezzies and compression adjustment. With that in mind, I got stage 2+ piggyback rezzies for my front. Stage 3 for my rear with remote rezzies... compression and rebound... both have pre-load adjustment. I would've gotten stage 2+ for all 4 corners but the stage 2's only have piggyback rezzies and they won't fit the rear of the XX.

Stage 2+ are $940.00
Stage 3 are $1195.00
Total = $2135.00

Now, if you also wanted to go with long travel a-arms as well... get ready to spend some big bucks...
Houser +.75 front = $874.99
Houser +.75 rear = $1300.00
Total = $2174.99

So for long travel a-arms AND Elka shocks.... $4309.99 plus shipping.

Did you have a heart attack yet?

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
or you could order from josh at wiggstyle and ask him what he can do for you...

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Man you guys are giving me heart palpultations. well i guess im going to have to do fronts then backs.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Get shocks for the front and send the rears to Josh Wiig to be revalved/resprung.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Man you guys are giving me heart palpultations....
Glad to help (give you a heart attack anyway) BTW - I don't do CPR :lmao:

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
there are other options becides elka as well. the ds450 schocks seem to be working well for some. for around $100 or soo and there were some guys selling their used stuff on the forum. just something to think about.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there are other options becides elka as well. the ds450 schocks seem to be working well for some. for around $100 or soo and there were some guys selling their used stuff on the forum. just something to think about.
Yeah ive thought about it but i think im going to do what you said and contact wigstyle. Have to do it next month though. Im leaving for nevada next week.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Yeah ive thought about it but i think im going to do what you said and contact wigstyle. Have to do it next month though. Im leaving for nevada next week.
trust me wiigstyles prices are way better than anyother prices other members have posted.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts