Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the loudest and best slip on or full exhaust for the xx, also what are the better programmers for it, my bro isnt wanting to spend much on it but what are the better ones

·
Registered
537 Posts
Loudest is HMF. The best is Yoshimura. Louder 99% of the time does not mean better performance and gives our hobby a really bad name. Power Commander 3 or 5 is the best you can get. Pricey, but you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i say you wait about a month and by the Alba kit when they release it... top of the line products and not pricey like some other brands... I've used their products on my other rides, and can't find a single thing to complain about... plus Matt will hook you up

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've had LRD, White Bros., HMF, all good quality, decent price, HMF prob loudest, LRD second. So itcomes down to $$$$$. Far as programmers had an ALBA/Dobeck spent $250 on it, u can get an HMF/Dobeck on E-Bay for $220 plus shippin. I just got a Ballance slip-on and HMF/Dobeck programmer for $439 and $15 shippin:yay:. Also on E-Bay. Best price i could find! Also on a budget! LOL Who's not these days.:disgust:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Only one's i've found on e-bay. thats it been lookin for couple months now. There like $220.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
The Ballance QRS is not loud at all, and it has a real nice tone. I had a White Bros on my Raptor and it was loud as hell. You might lose a tiny bit of power with the QRS, but not enough to concern me. The QRS has a mechanical core built into the pipe, so it is not nearly as restrictive as a quiet core insert. Check out this short video clip....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsAIf8ImsDM

·
Registered
734 Posts
Of the ones out for the TRX I would say Yoshi and HMF are the best. On EFI controllers the Dobeck should be around $220 and the PCIII & PCV should be around $290.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I got my PC3 for $260. The extra $30 is well worth it for the tune options you get with it over the Dobeck units.

·
Registered
734 Posts
at fuelatv?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Got my Ballance slip-on and controller for 439. on e-bay thats dirt cheap!

·
Registered
537 Posts
at fuelatv?
No a store local to me called ATV outfitters (atvoutfitters.net). I got the PC3 for $260 and my Yoshi RS2 for $364. Both prices with tax.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i say you wait about a month and by the Alba kit when they release it... top of the line products and not pricey like some other brands... I've used their products on my other rides, and can't find a single thing to complain about... plus Matt will hook you up
Alba Kits are available. I installed mine last week and I am very pleased with it. I dropped it off at DynoJet today and I will be posting results tomorrow. As far as Exhausts go I am running the FMF Speed Slip-On It sounds great and realy opens up the 700XX over stock. I cant say if it is better or not over any other Slip-On because I have not seen any side by side compairisons. Matt at Alba has me on his waiting list for an Alba Full Exhaust that is in development and about to be released. I would bet it to be better than any other since they R&D with ther kit and Wayne Mattlock. The best programmer hands down is the Power Comander 5 especialy with its upgradeability (Auto Tune, Quick Shifter, and Map Selector). Here is a list of what I have now.
1) Stage 3 Desert & Endurance kit with the upgraded "hardened" rocker arms.
2) The head was ported and flowed with Alba's Superflow flow bench. The head port configuration included +1mm oversized intake valves as well as a
5-angle valve job.
3) Piston is forged and has an 11:1 compression ratio.
4) Camshaft with Alba custom grind specifically for the 700XX kit.
5) Valve spring kit with titanium retainers.
6) Throttle body taper-bored to 46mm.
7) Velocity Intake Kit
8) Power Commander V w/Auto Tune.
9) FMF Slip-on Speed Muffler.

I have on order order
Maxxis Razr 2 M933 23-7-10 for the front
Maxxis Razr M932 22-10-11 for the rear.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts