Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will the road salt that they put on the roads in the winter hurt or ruin the clear coat on my itp wheels if I ride my quad on the snow packed roads? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Just wash it off after every ride.
I have to add something here... Road salt should be washed off the whole quad... in this case salt on the wheels would be the least of your problems. Salt in ANY form ( road salt, sea salt) is not good to leave on your quad... unless you want your quad to rust before your very eyes.

roadkill

·
Registered
437 Posts
Salt will kill anything Al or steel....don't do it....even if you wash it you won't get everyting off and it will corrode BAD

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Salt will kill anything Al or steel....don't do it....even if you wash it you won't get everyting off and it will corrode BAD
And then some . Thats why I dont race beachcross in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
And then some . Thats why I dont race beachcross in the UK.
One of the places I ride is Pismo Beach... The dunes are inland from the beach and are dry sand. But since the sand was blown in from the beach, it has loads of salt locked up in it. That salt is released when there is moisture... I very seldom use a pressure washer on my quad... except after riding at Pismo. Too much fricking fun to ride there, so I do the best job I can with the clean up.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I ride quads on the roads all the time in NY in the winter, it is fun when there is a state of emergency to go and do donuts around a state trooper car. Anyway, if you do it, just get used to taking the plastics off and washing everything down, then dry it some how (air compressor) and wash it again. It can get tedious, but it is so much fun.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah It was a blast riding my 250ex on the snow covered roads. I loved it and can't wait till I get to ride my 700xx on a snow covered road before they plow and salt it.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts