Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheel spacers front and rear ??

has any one put them on their quads yet ? any noticeable diffrance other then it LOOKS wider ? ie: is it handing better maybe not as good as expected ?

they have wheel spacers on ebay for a pretty decent price and i though the quad might look nice with them on their

if you have them on please post pix

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had them in the front and back, 1.25 inches per side. I took them off the back when i put the SONIC swaybar on, but left them on the front. You will really need a good steering stabilizer to run them. Either that, or huge Popeye-like forearms.
The ones from Rocky mtn are awesome, light weight and very strong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
so what ur saying is this isnt the best mod for old dirt road racing and trail running
Exactly. I did this before i got the swaybar setup thinking wider would be better. WRONG I was!!!

I do like the wider front setup. Seems like it tracks better.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I thought it would have made a greater difference but I looked it up and a pound of unsprung weight is equivalent to 4 pounds of sprung weight...so 16 pounds (assuming 4 spacers @ 1 lb a piece.) So it wouldn't make *that* big of a deal unless you were planning to sand drag your XX.

Anyway, you get what I'm thinking, I just had the numbers exaggerated in my mind for what a pound of unsprung weight really means.

As far as bump steer goes though, you and your glass wrist [ :) ] would not like the added leverage the front tires would have against the bars.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yea I was just ribbing on ya a bit. Hmm and the glass wrist.... Hell naw lol, I'm reaching for the credit card now that you reminded me so I can order a steering dampner.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I had front wheel spacers on my Raptor, and it sucked with them on. It's puts additional load on the shocks and actually made it handle worse.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Yes, but only if those wider a-arms are in the front.

If you think of it like the front needing leverage against the traction of the rear, the wider the front is (or closer to the rear width rather) the better your low speed turning will be.

(and more stable your quad will be cornering)

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know i asked questions about wheel spacers befor but y/n question here, if i get spacers and put them on front and rear dispite the fact i till get shakey or what ever will i get to feel what it will be like with extended arms on ( such as houser arms ) ( minus the fact ill have better shocks ) ??

question # 2 y/n will the wheel spacers be ok for a few trail and dirt road rides ? in short are spacers for the front and rear safe, i went threw one accident dont wanny try # 2... i just wanna run the extensions for a few weeks to see if extended arms will be my thing befor dumping 1700 bucks into arms and shocks and brakes

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Spacers in the front will make the quad feel less stable in the turns. I would not put them on my quad. They will make your shocks feel soft. I had them on my Raptor and I took them off.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.