Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wheel spacers front and rear ??

has any one put them on their quads yet ? any noticeable diffrance other then it LOOKS wider ? ie: is it handing better maybe not as good as expected ?

they have wheel spacers on ebay for a pretty decent price and i though the quad might look nice with them on their

if you have them on please post pix

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had them in the front and back, 1.25 inches per side. I took them off the back when i put the SONIC swaybar on, but left them on the front. You will really need a good steering stabilizer to run them. Either that, or huge Popeye-like forearms.
The ones from Rocky mtn are awesome, light weight and very strong.

·
Registered
310 Posts
so what ur saying is this isnt the best mod for old dirt road racing and trail running
Exactly. I did this before i got the swaybar setup thinking wider would be better. WRONG I was!!!

I do like the wider front setup. Seems like it tracks better.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Wheel spacers in the front would be a bump steer nightmare.

In the back would increase your unsprung weight and rob you of HP.

Just my $.02.
Are the spacers really that heavy? I've never had a set

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I thought it would have made a greater difference but I looked it up and a pound of unsprung weight is equivalent to 4 pounds of sprung weight...so 16 pounds (assuming 4 spacers @ 1 lb a piece.) So it wouldn't make *that* big of a deal unless you were planning to sand drag your XX.

Anyway, you get what I'm thinking, I just had the numbers exaggerated in my mind for what a pound of unsprung weight really means.

As far as bump steer goes though, you and your glass wrist [ :) ] would not like the added leverage the front tires would have against the bars.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yea I was just ribbing on ya a bit. Hmm and the glass wrist.... Hell naw lol, I'm reaching for the credit card now that you reminded me so I can order a steering dampner.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
I had front wheel spacers on my Raptor, and it sucked with them on. It's puts additional load on the shocks and actually made it handle worse.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i know i asked questions about wheel spacers befor but y/n question here, if i get spacers and put them on front and rear dispite the fact i till get shakey or what ever will i get to feel what it will be like with extended arms on ( such as houser arms ) ( minus the fact ill have better shocks ) ??

question # 2 y/n will the wheel spacers be ok for a few trail and dirt road rides ? in short are spacers for the front and rear safe, i went threw one accident dont wanny try # 2... i just wanna run the extensions for a few weeks to see if extended arms will be my thing befor dumping 1700 bucks into arms and shocks and brakes

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Spacers in the front will make the quad feel less stable in the turns. I would not put them on my quad. They will make your shocks feel soft. I had them on my Raptor and I took them off.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if you want spacers... put them in the rear only... never run spacers in the front... whenever there's an opportunity, then opt for the arms...

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts