Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my son a new quad. If anyone in PA or close to PA has one for sale let me know. A 250cc would be about perfect. Thanks

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
im not 100% sure i wana sell it but ill probably sell u my 01 Honda recon es 250. pm me

btw thats it in my profile pic

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, guess I should have been more specific. He wants a sport quad. Thanks for the quick response though.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
how old is he?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
i think he would out grow any 250 very quick.. i was 15 when i got my xx and 6 when the recon showed up. id get a used 400ex or z400...

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have a Honda 250EX Im thinking about selling but Im in Northern Illinois and thats a hell of a drive

·
Registered
755 Posts
i think he would out grow any 250 very quick.. i was 15 when i got my xx and 6 when the recon showed up. id get a used 400ex or z400...
I think the same. Unless its his first quad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's not that experienced as a rider.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

wow can your parents adopt me?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I think the right 250 could grow with him with some modifications as he gets more experienced...

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
raptor 350

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
lol i payed for my 700xx.. but they did by my recon for me
Wow at 15 you were able to pay for a 700xx. I guess your parents have done a great job with you. Can I ask how or what type of job you had to make this possible? I have a 15 year old here, and he can put gas in his, let alone pay for or do upkeep, maintenance ect. Maybe I should ship him to your parents for the summer and remold him, lol. great job you must be alot more mature than my older son of 19. I cant get the video controler out oh his hand long enough to go for a ride. Sorry bout the hi jack.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
haha i bet hes playen cod black ops... i worked on a farm for two year. first year i got a sportsman700 .. sold the pos for more than i got it lol but i did buy it off my dad for 2k.. sold it for 3.5... i got the xx for 5.3k and put the 3.5 from the polaris + the 1.8 from the 2.5 i made that summer... happy gona make 5.5k this summer now that i have a licnce.. gona get myself a powerstroke

·
Registered
61 Posts
i paid for mine myself last year. i saved up for 7 months delivering pizzas lol i literally never spent money till i got this thing haha.. well worth it :)

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Honda financial bought me mine... lol. I will be paying them back for a long time!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
haha i bet hes playen cod black ops... i worked on a farm for two year. first year i got a sportsman700 .. sold the pos for more than i got it lol but i did buy it off my dad for 2k.. sold it for 3.5... i got the xx for 5.3k and put the 3.5 from the polaris + the 1.8 from the 2.5 i made that summer... happy gona make 5.5k this summer now that i have a licnce.. gona get myself a powerstroke
Thats a good deal, work hard and paid cash! Im in same boat as Britalican. I finaced mine for 36 months @3.99%.

Honda financial bought me mine... lol. I will be paying them back for a long time!

But back on topic, I think for a 11yr old a 250r would be more than enough power till he's atleast 15-16. and then send him to 700xxmaniac, to work a few months and he can buy what he wants.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Thats a good deal, work hard and paid cash! Im in same boat as Britalican. I finaced mine for 36 months @3.99%.
3.99%?!?!? I have basically perfect credit, and they only gave me 11.99%

·
Registered
821 Posts
I think if I worked hard all summer I wouldnt waste money on a stroker(how many will yake offense to that). I am gonna buy my 11 year old son a raptor 250. The new 250's are alot faster than the older ones. And regardles what eerybody thinks, I know grown men who I wouldn't let on a 50, let alone something with power. Some people/kids don't need that much. I would see which atv fits him best, the 400+ bikes might be physically to large for him to be able to work all controls, which wouldn't be good.

But he (and I)also like the wolverine 450, might get that instead, not to mention my gf likes them to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.