Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any problems doing "12 o'clock" wheelies on the 700xx? When you get really tall wheelies going the engine stalls out. I assume it's a roll over detector triggering. Anyone have any input on this?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i never have a problem with the engine stalling. mine seems to pull to the right most of the time on dirt because tires dont get equal traction. it tracks straight in grass pastures and the asphalt though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't normally stall out. But when I get them crawling extremely slow and the quad is damn near vertical it does.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah mine will stall like that too,going real slow doing a wheelie or just on all 4 wheels. i think mine does more when i am playing with the gas like feathering the gas. seems like it floods out at slow speed. the throttle body must shoot too much gas in there under those circumstances.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Since I swiched to a 13t sprocket it hasn't been as bad but it still happens to me from time to time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just put on the 13T a few days ago and have not had the chance to really test it.. I will see if that made the diff.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think you will be happy with the results. It makes it a lot easier to putt around on the back tires.

·
Registered
538 Posts
same here, i just thought it was an issue with my fuel controller. getting a 13t this week, makes sense that it would help out

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem doing wheelies or going up steep hills at high RPM. Any time the quad is at an angle for longer than 10 seconds it sputters and cuts out. I never had this problem until I put my FMF programmer on and now it happens all of the time (mainly because I always am doing wheelies or going up steep hills at the dunes). At first I thought it wasn't getting enough fuel at a certain RPM, however on flat ground I can hold it wide open forever without an issue. The second I start going up hill for a certain duration at a high rpm it stalls. The more I am reading on various posts sounds like my programmer. Unfortunately I have a Power Bomb header pipe and I won't run without it so looking to get another programmer possibly as FMF apparently had a bad batch they are not owning up to. Just to be sure I went back to stock exhaust and removed the programmer and didn't have the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
with my PC3, it never stalls out doing wheelies, or steep hill climbs. I can ride a wheelie down the road for quite a distance with no problems with the fuel. Maybe some other physical problems, mainly cuz I just left a bar and am all full from a couple of burgers :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
My quad is totaly stock and it will cut out if I ride a wheely to long. I can climb any dune and have no probs. Lokking to get an EHS programer and see if that will fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
One thing you can be sure of: It's not your "bank angel sensor"... that only trips on a roll over... side to side. It will trip @ 70-74 degrees (yes, I've done it) The sensor can be reset by; getting quad back on all 4s, turn key off for a couple seconds... turn key back on and start quad.

roadkill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts