Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket Rims

I was looking for a set of SS112 Sport wheels from ITP but they havent told me when they are gonna release them and seen they had a couple other sets for it. Wondering if there are any other good looking rims out there for the 700XX yet.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Rims (well back ones) are pretty hard to find right now due to the funky offset, bolt pattern and size. The only manufacturer that I know of who has rims in production would be ITP. There are several others that are turning them out on an order-for-order basis, but not on a production run. (again, that I am aware of)

I think another member has some ITP SS wheels, but they ended up going with a 12" wheel. (a heavy wheel even heavier wit the larger diameter)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
310 Posts
These are available, but like Scuzz said, they are not an off the shelf item.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Douglas makes an 11" rim that matches the oem.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dave and trailin' me,

Would you guys mind weighing your wheels with tires mounted?
20.5 lbs for the rear with the stock Dunlop mounted on it.........and 6.8 lbs if air in it...LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I sent an email to ITP and they said they didnt plan on making an SS rim for the XX. If I bought a set of 10" SS Rims for like a 450R, other than the bolt pattern and the rim scraper what kind of clearance issuses am I going to have?

·
Registered
445 Posts
You'll have to check it out but if you buy a 10" SS rim for a 450R then it will have to be a front wheel (4/144 stud pattern) and would only be 6" wide.......I'm pretty sure that wont work with a rear tire.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
OK, here's what I found:

Stock width 46 inches.

Width with ITP rims 49 inches.

Here's the pictures:

The balloon paddles sure do look skinny. (YES, I KNOW I PUT THEM ON THE WRONG SIDE....THEY WERE ONLY FINGER TIGHT.)

Close clearance:

From the side:

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's prolly too wide to fit in the back of my Tacoma with these one....
Only for the FIRST time you load it. It will fit just fine after that..:lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hey everyone I'm new here, Just Purchased my 09 700xx in February and I absolutely love it. As of posting this my tire is leaking around the bead and me and one of my buddys who works at a local yamaha dealership tried to fix the problem to no avail.

So I was looking for some rim options and came across this thread. My question is how pricey are those omf rims and can anybody just special order them? Also I live in canada not sure if they ship here or not.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
$520 each?? HOLY SH!T!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
1 - 20 of 81 Posts