Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Rims (well back ones) are pretty hard to find right now due to the funky offset, bolt pattern and size. The only manufacturer that I know of who has rims in production would be ITP. There are several others that are turning them out on an order-for-order basis, but not on a production run. (again, that I am aware of)

I think another member has some ITP SS wheels, but they ended up going with a 12" wheel. (a heavy wheel even heavier wit the larger diameter)

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
OK, here's what I found:

Stock width 46 inches.

Width with ITP rims 49 inches.

Here's the pictures:

The balloon paddles sure do look skinny. (YES, I KNOW I PUT THEM ON THE WRONG SIDE....THEY WERE ONLY FINGER TIGHT.)

Close clearance:

From the side:

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
I need new wheels as mine are bent... so i'm just subscribing. I was thinking the OMF wheels were 300 a wheel, but if they're under 200 a wheel, that might be doable. I'd colors that can't come off though! - polished!
Jeff, you totally should get the OMF's. I'm not saying that because it's someone else's money, but rather that I think they are a well built rim that would take some harsh abuse like the areas you and I like to ride.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
after searching through countless wheel threads, I still can't find the answer to my question:

Is there a quality, basic (better than stock, but no bead lock, etc) aftermarket wheel that DOES NOT increase the rear width of a 700XX? Will somebody list or link specific models please? I don't want to drill out mounting holes or modify the wheel.

I'm in need of new tires soon and I wouldn't mind new rims, but I like my bike's tight trail capabilities. It seems all of the threads have solutions that increase the rear width to 50+ inches.
No way, no how.

The only rim that would fit would be an 11" rim. Until they go into production you're stuck with a wider quad. Same thing applies for tires.

Club | 700 | xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts