Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Smo0oth... i looked at all those threads (lol)... what was the difference of (of what to do) vs. "what not to do"? lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
after searching through countless wheel threads, I still can't find the answer to my question:

Is there a quality, basic (better than stock, but no bead lock, etc) aftermarket wheel that DOES NOT increase the rear width of a 700XX? Will somebody list or link specific models please? I don't want to drill out mounting holes or modify the wheel.

I'm in need of new tires soon and I wouldn't mind new rims, but I like my bike's tight trail capabilities. It seems all of the threads have solutions that increase the rear width to 50+ inches.

The star of the FOX video:

Thanks to Mark at FOX for needing a 700XX to play with!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You can get any custom wheel made at DWT, There are currently not any "in stock" wheels made for the XX yet

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
after searching through countless wheel threads, I still can't find the answer to my question:

Is there a quality, basic (better than stock, but no bead lock, etc) aftermarket wheel that DOES NOT increase the rear width of a 700XX? Will somebody list or link specific models please? I don't want to drill out mounting holes or modify the wheel.

I'm in need of new tires soon and I wouldn't mind new rims, but I like my bike's tight trail capabilities. It seems all of the threads have solutions that increase the rear width to 50+ inches.
No way, no how.

The only rim that would fit would be an 11" rim. Until they go into production you're stuck with a wider quad. Same thing applies for tires.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

I have some newish stock tires for sale if your interested in them

·
Registered
445 Posts

What about a DWT Red Label 11".......? about as close to stock as you will get.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yes there are. Look for them in the for sale section here. They have your name on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Itp wheel package

I want to put in my two cents worth on the wheel situation. I purchaced the itp wheel package with holeshot xcp tires. The fact that the wheel stance is wider by 5" completely destroys the ability for the 700xx to turn, and if you use it as a trail quad you are not going to like it. I have one ride on these tires and could not believe how bad it handled in turns,it dont want to turn !! Stick with factory wheels and tires for now until someone makes wider rims on the inset side not offset. Probably going to sell the wheel set to guys who like going straight only.......

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I want to put in my two cents worth on the wheel situation. I purchaced the itp wheel package with holeshot xcp tires. The fact that the wheel stance is wider by 5" completely destroys the ability for the 700xx to turn, and if you use it as a trail quad you are not going to like it. I have one ride on these tires and could not believe how bad it handled in turns,it dont want to turn !! Stick with factory wheels and tires for now until someone makes wider rims on the inset side not offset. Probably going to sell the wheel set to guys who like going straight only.......

I would like to see all the mods you have done to youre xx.
I have run stock , ITP 10x7 and OMF/DWT 10x8 . All this with a 44" front end and never had a problem turning. Just kinda of curiuos.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wheels

50" wheel width is where the itp set of wheels measure out. I have a barker exhaust with the fuel controller the( big 3 kit) and pro armour nerfs and a 12 tooth sprocket,thats it Baxter. It rode like hell in my opinion, I have cut back the steering stops on the base of column and my quad will turn without havin to slide the ass end.But not with those holeshots and rims.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts