Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has had any luck with buying wider rear wheels, and if so what did you buy?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I would like to know if anyone has had any luck with buying wider rear wheels, and if so what did you buy?
I am running ITP 10x7 rear rims which is a little wider than stock and I have ordered a set of OMF/DWT 10x8. :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive had great luck, rockymountainatv.com is a great place to pick up some sweet rims and tires. you can get 22x11x10's or 20x11x10 tires from maxiss. you can buy a tire wheel combo at just 274$ for the rear. i am running 20x11x10 maxiss i-razr tires on a set of some sweet douglas t-9 rims. i-razr tires are gncc rated and hook up great! the only mod you have to do is remove the mud scrapers on your quad so you can fit the new tires and wheels. its simple to remove them, unblolt them haha. hope this helped you out, just go to rockymountainatv.com and type in the make model and year. and click tire wheel combo. these tires provide better stability and lower your center of gravity. best of luck to you!

·
Registered
671 Posts
and I have ordered a set of OMF/DWT 10x8. :D
Baxter, any more info on these? I assume it is a Douglas wheel modified by OMF? What offset are they?

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Baxter, any more info on these? I assume it is a Douglas wheel modified by OMF? What offset are they?

Doug
It is a Douglas 10x8 (4+4) 144 PCD fitted with OMF Beadlock.
OMF seems the only ones I have found that carry this rim. Originally going to put a beadlock on a set of 10"ITP's.
The DWT/OMF 10" should add 1/2 2 over the ITP.:D

·
Registered
667 Posts
we run the Hiper Carbon Fiber beadlocks! great wheel and ITP Holeshot XCT 22-11-10

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
we run the Hiper Carbon Fiber beadlocks! great wheel and ITP Holeshot XCT 22-11-10
How width does it make your quad? I want those Hiper wheel madly I'm popping front and rear tire regulary.:steamed:And yes I'm running 6-7 psi

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That seems like too many psi to me. I have bear claws on the stock rims and I run 4 psi rear and 3.5 psi front

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
It is a Douglas 10x8 (4+4) 144 PCD fitted with OMF Beadlock.
OMF seems the only ones I have found that carry this rim. Originally going to put a beadlock on a set of 10"ITP's.
The DWT/OMF 10" should add 1/2 2 over the ITP.:D
Hey Baxter, you said you're running a 4+4. Wouldn't that make your XX wider than using a 4+3? What does you XX width measure from the outside of one tire to the outside of the other? I believe stock I'm sitting at 46" and with my new set on the way I'll be at 50." Does this affect the XX's cornering ability?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I use 20x11x10 Kenda Klaws on the rear so the 4+4 wont add much width. Currently running 48" rear and 46" front. i what to try a pair of Laeger +2 front a-arms and run 4+1 front rims.
As for cornering , I have never had a problem. Corners great. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.