Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm wanting to buy a new set of wheels. I want the 11" rears though. I don't need to get the spendy omf wheels. I would like just a douglas red label on the rear. I will get the reinforing rings on the fronts, cause they are the ones i seem to bend. I've looked at all the sites that sell dwt wheels and none of them have the 11" listed. I've also called dwt directly and get an answering machine. I leave my name and number and never get a call. I'm kinda frustrated about it. Does anybody have these wheels? If so can you help me find a set? Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
Bite the Bullet

Red, bite the bullet and get the re-enforced rears, for the small amount they are extra you wont regret it. They look good when you have matching front and backs. I happend to have some pics with brand new Kutters and Re-enforced rears if you want to wet your appetite.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I agree Bite the bullet get the OMF!!!! You will have to wait some because they are out of the rim should be getting them soon, then they will be sending my set!! :) "Bones" will be making mine if you call them talk to "Bones" tell him I told you to order from him.
I will be getting the OMF all the way around!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Red, give me an e-mail address. you know after i send them, you will run straight out and buy them. You just got commited. I second the comment about Bones what a excellent guy.

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you need the #, PM me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ok, got a call yesterday mine are done and have been sent!! :) To bad I still can't ride and don't have tires for them!
Will post pics of them when I get them

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff, i talked to DWT and they said all they had was a polished red label for the rear. It sounds like i'm gonna hafta go with the omf wheels. I guess i should just bite the bullet and get the super strong reinforced wheels. Don't know if i need the beadlocks or not? I'll tell Bones that you recommended me. Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
No Problem, Bones is a great guy to deal with. He said mine should be here today, we'll see about ups!!
I told him somebody from here might be calling him.
Just reinforced you shouldn't need the beadlocks.
I have been running the stock rear racing in the desert for a year now!!!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Looks like there is both an outer and inner, just looks like the inner is only about 1/2" wide or so, I am sure to clear the a-arms.

They do look good. How thick are the actually rings, only look to be 1/8" or so, I thought they would be thicker.

Doug

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah there is a inner ring on those Cesar! I thought it would have some holes in it to allow the water to drain out? They are a little bit too shiney for me? I might get mine powdercoated.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You may have? But the ones i've seen for the XX have a smaller ring in the inside. LIke Bergstrom said for a-arm clearance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
at first glance it didn't look like it... lol... but i coulda sworn i saw them with the same rings inside and out
You can't get them with the same ring as the front side, they will not clear the a-arms!!
Wayne had some that they messed up on and had the small ring on both sides.
They will not be shine after the first race the dirt and sand that we race in will sandblast them! :xx::hey:

·
Registered
115 Posts
So r these a great choice for the weekend warrior? I ride mainly trails.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Ziggy, these would be an excellent choice. They will outlast most of the other wheels you can get for our quad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts