Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a "Brit" racing and riding is limited. I love to see where you guys and girls ride. If you race tell me the result, good or bad I would just like to know. If riding with friends ,you always have a view that takes you're breathe away.Please post.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Well, since you asked!
My nephew and I just finished a 3 day weekend of riding. We drove over 600 miles in Pennsylvania from just outside of Philadelphia out to Snow Shoe Pa where we rode www.ssrt.org and met up with some friends. Unfortunately we only rode 40 miles or so until the Brute Force snapped the belt, thankfully we were no more than a quarter mile from our trucks when it let go. Just as luck would have it, the guys brother in law was coming from New Jersey that evening and was able to pick up a replacement that night and was installed first thing Saturday morning. Yes! We drank a lot of beer that night.

Saturday we went to Rock Run ATV park http://www.rockrunrecreation.com/?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1 which is west of Penn State and north of Pittsburgh, Pa for a meet up with forum members from www.atvingpa.com and we rode there all day. We had 10 gigantic Porter House Steaks on the grill that night with some venison and YES, we drank more beer that night.

Sunday morning we got up at 6:00 a.m. and we all headed back toward home but stopped and rode at a 25 mile benefit ride ( http://atvingpa.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/23459/1 ) a childrens hospital in the Pocono mountains near Shamokin Pa. The site we rode at is a site that is currently being redeveloped into a off road/atv park ( http://www.anthraciteadventure.com ) which is exactly what Rock Run is that we rode at the day before.

Needless to say we were exhausted by the time we got home Sunday night but it was a great weekend.

THE DOG

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Baxter,

I haven't done much riding since breaking my leg on my 700 back in May. But prior to my accident, I did a lot of riding here in Norther Arizona. I'm also part of the search and rescue team here in our area. here are few pictures of some of our rides. You can go to my Flickr page and view a heck of a lot more photos of our riding out here. Just follow the links.

Shonie

My Flickr Photo Sets

Set One
Set Two
Set Three
Set Four

Also before my accident I started a little video project called "Riding the Rez". You can view these on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_B8cH02UGo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuucEph1MdY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4pxybqQzPQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCWu-XvXFZU
(this one was the last ride I did before I had my accident. I actually had the accident on this track)

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Johannesburg mine dumps. Big holes, big dusty roads for heavy trucks, duuuunes...
wow that looks amazing, I can't wait for you to start posting video's of that area.

And Shonie777 I was hoping you were all healed up by now. Also amazing area that you ride in..

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
shonie that place in northern arizona is beautiful wish i could come out there sometime and ride! really beautiful country out there !

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK , STOPPIN THIS THREAD !lol. I hate that you guys have such great places to ride.:mad:
Keep posting and shonie , you recover quick.:D

Anymore wonna add?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey everyone I went out this past weekend with some buddies and we went riding in some gravel pits and fire roads and bush trails in southeastern Manitoba. Was good they got a foot of snow there a week ago so in some spots it was still about 8 inches deep which was fun, made getting traction interesting sometimes. But landing jumps into the snow is pretty fun. Had to do some pretty serious bushing though lots of the trails were fallen in with trees from the snowstorm so there was lots of going through straight up bush to get around. Luckily buddy had a grizzly 700 so I just let him knock all the trees down first. Was pretty surprised actually at my xx for going over and through what it went through and took it like a champ. Got my 13 tooth sprocket today so I've gotta put that in and see how I like it maybe it won't bog down so easy. I ride a lot I was in saskatchewan last week and did some sweet riding in the assiniboine valley. Week before that I was riding at my family farm along the west shoreline of lake Manitoba with some utility quads who were all surprised by the xx. I'm going back to the farm this weekend gonna go to some pits and do some jumps I hope. Ill keep you posted.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
M Quick and Baxter,

I'm healing still. No more crutches...no more cane...just limping now. They said it would be at least a full year for me to heal. I have a follow-up appointment next week with my orthopedic doctor.

I went for a short ride about 2 weeks ago. I had to take real easy. I can stand up on my pegs but have to watch out for really rough terrain cuz my leg just can't handle it, so I sit. I can't stand and lean into turns cuz it puts a lot of pressure on my leg. So most of the time I'm sitting on my 700 and just cruise. It great to ride again, but totally sucks I can't ride like I did before my accident. But I'll heal up eventually and be riding like I use to in a few more months. Then I'll be posting some more "Riding the Rez" videos!

Shonie

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
The last time I rode my XX was when I was prerunning the Baja 500 this past June. Rocks, sandy washes, silt, whoops, big hills, little hills, beaches, and highways all packed into 500+ miles. First time down that way for a race, and was a great experience. Work has been dead here, which has caused me to really get away from racing. I'm hoping it gets better soon, because I am having XX withdrawals!

·
Registered
211 Posts
One of my riding buddies and I went to the Windrock Fall Jam this weekend and had an absolute blast. We went with the intention of entering two events, the Windrock Wide Open and the Windrock Challenge. Looking back, on the way home, we wished that we had entered more events and had come the day before instead of making it a one day thing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey everyone so I took my xx out on the weekend for a quick rip. not much just some gravel roads and a small gravel pit wasn't much but it was still fun. Took my '11 popo 400ho for a ride as I haven't ridden it since I got the xx and it was like riding a big slow brick it was kind of sad. I really liked that quad before I got the xx but now I don't know if i could ever ride a utility quad again. It was so heavy and slow it'll do 57 mph but it takes forever it seems. We need to petition Honda to make a xx again. Cuz I don't know what I'd get when the xx is kaput. Probably a renegade 1000 unless something else comes along before then. Anyway just thought I'd share my thoughts.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hey all just now posting lots of late, my last ride 22Oct, with my kids on our prop. rode till dark and my daughter asked me to turn on my light so we could keep on riding, she was going to follow close so she could see too. God I love my kids. Once you get them going they just don't want to stop. I've got a few good pics and vids on FB. need to xfer them here so you can see my "*******"kids.

·
Registered
316 Posts
got the XX out and did laps around the front yard with my 6 year old Granddaughter on her 110. she has aspirations of being a mx queen. she scares her papaw to death already and I still have the throttle limit screw in pretty far. Yes we have a sorta mx track in the front yard. Yes my wife hates us

1 - 14 of 14 Posts