Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 24" rear tires with a 13t sprocket at the moment. I hear thats like having stock tires with stock sprocket. If this is true I'd like to get a 12t sprocket to get that 13t sprocket feel that everyone raves about. Let me know your opinions and if anyones knows where I can get the 12t sprocket post the link. Thanks, scott:nuts:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
12t on stock tires would be fun :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I still think 13t is perfect. If the tires gripped more, I might move to 12t though. I dont need to do 90mph through the trees anyway

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I still think 13t is perfect. If the tires gripped more, I might move to 12t though. I dont need to do 90mph through the trees anyway
I have the 24" Kenda Bear Claws so not only am I gripping better but I have taller, heavier tires to lug around. Thats why I was thinking 12t. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If you don't have the funds for the Big 3 then try the 12 tooth and let us know. You'll only be out 25-35 bucks for the sprocket if its too low. I wouldn't think you would need a 12 tooth with more power though.

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you don't have the funds for the Big 3 then try the 12 tooth and let us know. You'll only be out 25-35 bucks for the sprocket if its too low. I wouldn't think you would need a 12 tooth with more power though.
You're right, I wouldn't need it with the big 3 but I'm not going to get the big 3. I always buy the cheap ones. $8, they've never done me wrong in the last 6 years of riding.:D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yeah cheap enough to try the 12t sprocket. I would think with 24" tire should make it like stock 14t with no big3. I highly recommend getting the big3 though... you'll recommend it too!

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah cheap enough to try the 12t sprocket. I would think with 24" tire should make it like stock 14t with no big3. I highly recommend getting the big3 though... you'll recommend it too!
Stop with the peer pressure. You're killing me! New home owner here, lots of bills(XX being one of them, haha). NO big 3!:cry:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have the 24" Kenda Bear Claws so not only am I gripping better but I have taller, heavier tires to lug around. Thats why I was thinking 12t. Thoughts?
I have 24" Red Eagle tires with a 13 tooth sprocket and haven't had any issues climbing hills or technical trails but I do also have the PCIII with Bo map which made a big difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts