Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get some black wheels for my xx. I would like to stick with the stock size and offset. Does anyone think I would be better off just powdercoating my factory wheels. Not really looking to break the bank.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you want all 4 rims? I just ordered front DWT Rokout rims that are black. I paid 77 each from Amazon.com and got a 3+2 offset which is 3/4" wider each side making the front 47.4" wide, stock is 45.9. I don't think you can get stock offset because stock is 10X5.5 rim with a 4+1.5 offset and aftermarket doesn't make 5.5" wide rim. ITP also has the T-9 and T-9 GP which is about the same as DWT.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wait I forgot the new 700xx special black edition has black rims stock, you can probably order them from your local honda dealer.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah that would cost an arm and a leg you are better off just getting them powder coated. The stockers I think are over $200 per rim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you want all 4 rims? I just ordered front DWT Rokout rims that are black. I paid 77 each from Amazon.com and got a 3+2 offset which is 3/4" wider each side making the front 47.4" wide, stock is 45.9. I don't think you can get stock offset because stock is 10X5.5 rim with a 4+1.5 offset and aftermarket doesn't make 5.5" wide rim. ITP also has the T-9 and T-9 GP which is about the same as DWT.
did you order 11" rears?

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Can you tell me how much you pay for just powder coating the rear rims because I'm thinking about doing them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have been really looking into starting powdercoating as a side business but from what I have seen most places will charge at most 40-45 a rim. Some places or individuals might do it cheaper. If I remember correctly the guy selling the sets of ds shocks in the for sale threads does powdercoating. I was looking into having him powdercoat my springs but money fell short that week

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you tell me how much you pay for just powder coating the rear rims because I'm thinking about doing them.
I pay $25 a wheel it's a hell of a deal. I hear of people paying double that. This is a double coat also.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have been really looking into starting powdercoating as a side business but from what I have seen most places will charge at most 40-45 a rim. Some places or individuals might do it cheaper. If I remember correctly the guy selling the sets of ds shocks in the for sale threads does powdercoating. I was looking into having him powdercoat my springs but money fell short that week
I did not know you could powder coat springs. I thought you had to do a poly coat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
what about just painting the wheels? i know it would probably flake off but paint is easy to touch up real quick or would it all just come off in the mud?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
^^^This is a very good point! I am thinking about putting a coat of the black bed liner stuff on mine. It should hold up to the abuse pretty good. I would think the powder coat would just get scratched off easily.

·
Registered
29 Posts
springs can be powdercoated and the finish holds up perfect. the only problem with powdercoating springs is the heating process, as long as you know what you are doing they come out great and last forever. just cant overheat them or they will lose temper and get soft

1 - 15 of 15 Posts