Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i personally would love to get flexx bars, but have slowly been thinking about protaper bars, i think they are called fat bars... they come in the box with the squair bar pad.

for those of you that use eaither of these styles of handle bars ( doesnt have to be protaper but the "fixed" style handle bars ) please tell me why they are better then the steel factory bars and can/should anti vibe inserts be used ?

·
Registered
734 Posts
That´s simple, the aluminum bars absorb vibrations better and also are a LOT stroger than the factory bars. For a cheap fix instead of buying antivibe inserts fill the bars with silicone, works great! Remember the Pro Taper Contours (fatbars or 1 1/8in bars need fatbar adapters). I will look at my friends xx next time I go to his house to check the stock handlebar bend to make sure the ATV high bend does not rub.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Depends on how much scratch you've got to spend. You can get some sweet Pro Taper EVO's for about $75 bucks, or spend $300 on the Flexx bars. Even a cheaper pair of fat bars, like Trail Tech wold be a massive improvement over the stock handlebars. The stockers feel like they belong on a tricycle!

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I have the protaper evo bars and they are very nice and strong the main thing is to make sure you get the bend that you like the best

·
Registered
734 Posts
Regular silicone, just use a caulking gun. Another fix I have heard that is heavier but works better is filling the handlebars with bbs or buckshots and just sealing then in with the grips. If you work on a shop you could always just make yout own in similarity to the Rox antivibe inserts.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
This is a good idea with the silicone in the bars. I'll try that! I too am about to bars, but I just dont wanna spend the $3-400 for Flexx

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hawk. I had a set of pro-tapers amd tyhe reccomended bend was the mid bend and it sat to high with the trail tech clamp which reloactes the indicator lights under the bars. So I went with trail tech flex bars and fixed that issue. The issue was that the brake line and cables were way to tight went you turned the wheel completely and would eventually snap the lines. Def do with bars that are 1 1/8 and taper to 7/8 on ends for the controls to fit, its worth it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How do the stock indicator lights fit with new bars? Did you have to not use the pad?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.