Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at upgrades for my 700xx for a while now and am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the best nerf bars and skid plates available. Pics would be great. Let's see that armor! I'm leaning toward prm at the moment but I am open to convincing.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i just put my pro armor nerfs on and a lil smoozing and works fine. Hardest part was figuring the netting out LOL

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Honda oem nerfs are made by Pro Armor .
De700 it baffled me too , It's even worse if you have skid plates on. Pro Armor was a bugger to fit ,But they were worth the hassle.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
i just put my pro armor nerfs on and a lil smoozing and works fine. Hardest part was figuring the netting out LOL
Boy! Are we spending some $$$ on your baby, did you get an exhaust yet or are you going to do the big 3 at the same time

·
Registered
182 Posts
OMG Joe you arose from the dead.... I am holding on the big 3 actually. Stil undecided on what to go with.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
OMG Joe you arose from the dead.... I am holding on the big 3 actually. Stil undecided on what to go with.
What do you mean "arose from the dead" I rang you on Thursday but you never answered or call back. I've been working on the bike, today I installed my handlebars and riser which was a PIB since I had to make some cuts (hooks) tomorrow I'll be working on valves since the bike is all torn apart. That should be fun!

When you installed your TrailTech riser, did you have to cut both hooks or just the right one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I only had to remove one metal piece which interfered with the plastic. What kind of bars did you go with and what size?

When you do the valves do you have to remove the gas tank or anything to get to the valves? I have never adjusted valves before is it hard? I was looking at the book looks like you need a feeler gadge and then just tighten or loosed, correct? DOes it void the warranty if we do it our self?

WIsh you lived closer LOL.

·
Registered
182 Posts
By the way the fuel filter was a bitch to get apart and then get the old filter off and put a new one in its place. The old was was nasty as hell

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
By the way the fuel filter was a bitch to get apart and then get the old filter off and put a new one in its place. The old was was nasty as hell
Are you talking about the filter in the fuel pump. The valves are easy to do, just need to take the tank and plastic out then you have full access to the valves. Double check your valves before closing it, also make sure that you are TDC.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Be aware there are two timing marks also, Be sure your on the correct one.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The timing marks for the valve adjustment correct not the fuel filter? See how engine dumb I am LOL. I think I will wait for the valves untill someone who knows what they are doing is around. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! there are 2 timing marks and you need to select the "right" one when you are turning it counter-clockwise. You basically need some great eyes to see the "T" marking. Mine did not need any adjustments. They were still on the nose after all the riding:yay:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts