Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Summer come and i need to drop my winter oil!!! so wich oil are u using, normal, semie syntec or full syntec and wich grade?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I personally like sandwich spread, No but seriously I use the HN4 also

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Honda oil all the way. Just like Honda filters. However if a good deal comes thru for the AMSOIL, I maybe tempted to buy a 55 gal drum of that haha.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I can get you a great deal on AMSOIL. It is a full synthetic oil designed specifically for ATVs, UTVs and snowmobiles. It is great at resisting heat and thermal breakdown, provides superior wear protection, will not foam up, and contains robust dispersant/detergent additives that effectively neutralize the high levels of acids and combustion by-products prone to small engines. And it is anti-rust fortified for superior rust prevention, which is especially important in seasonally or infrequently used power sports equipment. Let me know if you need any more info or want a price quote!!

Take care

·
Registered
228 Posts
I use the Honda oil for now because I'm still breaking in at only 8 hours. But, for big weekend trips when it's broken in I'll be going with Redline. I wouldn't let Redline sit around in the engine for a long time after really short trips as it needs to really heat up to burn off water (it absorbs water). But if you are taking long trips that are at least an hour each time, Redline is the best. On my bikes it has also always shifted really sweet with wet clutches. I really like Redline in everything, and no I don't sell it so please don't consider this a commercial. I'm sure Amsoil is OK, I do use their filters in my new car so I trust them, but I like Redline's ZDDP levels and true Group V synthetic ester status for longterm wear. Amsoil is a Group IV PAO and the additives fall out more quickly than Redline. Both smoke the Honda oil, but you want to break in with the Honda for warranty reasons IMO. Sorry, I'm sure that's more info than you wanted.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It kinda was! :lol:

I have a lot to say about it! HAHA I could tone it down but then all we would have is opinions. j/k!

Take care
What kind of shipping charges apply? Do we have to pay taxes? You've covered the product pretty but what is the bottom line on pricing. Not trying to drill you, We do appreciate the offer.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I use the Honda oil for now because I'm still breaking in at only 8 hours. But, for big weekend trips when it's broken in I'll be going with Redline. I wouldn't let Redline sit around in the engine for a long time after really short trips as it needs to really heat up to burn off water (it absorbs water). But if you are taking long trips that are at least an hour each time, Redline is the best. On my bikes it has also always shifted really sweet with wet clutches. I really like Redline in everything, and no I don't sell it so please don't consider this a commercial. I'm sure Amsoil is OK, I do use their filters in my new car so I trust them, but I like Redline's ZDDP levels and true Group V synthetic ester status for longterm wear. Amsoil is a Group IV PAO and the additives fall out more quickly than Redline. Both smoke the Honda oil, but you want to break in with the Honda for warranty reasons IMO. Sorry, I'm sure that's more info than you wanted.
Is there a certain type of Redline that has a higher ZDDP than other RedLine oil? Do you know the concentration?

Prograde... Does Amsoil offer a high concentrate ZDDP oil?

For the guys wondering about ZDDP, It offers great wear protection in motors with non-roller cams. It's been phased out by the government in recent years because it "can cause cancer in the state of California" lol. All of the "high mileage" oils they sell contain higher concentrations of ZDDP than regular oils.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Is there a certain type of Redline that has a higher ZDDP than other RedLine oil? Do you know the concentration?

For the guys wondering about ZDDP, It offers great wear protection in motors with non-roller cams. It's been phased out by the government in recent years because it "can cause cancer in the state of California" lol. All of the "high mileage" oils they sell contain higher concentrations of ZDDP than regular oils.
Actually, the anti-wear additive phase out is due to API SL and SM certification. API is catering to the dirty, greedy car companies and lowering anti-wear component levels to protect catalytic converters so that car companies don't have to buy you a new one. Remember, the catalytic converter has a much longer warranty than the rest of the car. The car companies rather your engine fall out and go bad in half the time (still longer than the CC warranty) than buy you a catalytic converter because your GOOD oil fouled it. It's just a big pile of political BS, as is everything in the USA now.

I think Redline oils have between 1200-1400 ppm of ZDDP and API SM says 500 is the limit. ppm units could be totally wrong. I don't remember how it's measured.

·
Registered
81 Posts

Here is an insert directly from AMSOIL regarding ZDDP:

"Recent automotive motor oil regulations have limited
certain additive levels, including the anti-wear additive
known as ZDDP. ZDDP is an extremely effective antiwear,
anti-oxidant additive, and reducing its level results
in compromised wear control and shortened service life.
Because motorcycle applications require robust additive
systems to control wear and oxidation, use of an automotive
motor oil or an automotive motor oil re-labeled as
a motorcycle oil compromises protection and performance.
AMSOIL Synthetic Motorcycle Oils are overtreated
with robust additive packages, including high levels of calcium,
phosphorus, zinc and additional oxidation inhibitors,
to extend oil life expectancy, provide unmatched engine
cleanliness and greatly reduce wear."

Hopefully that answers that. As far as shipping and taxes. The taxes are up to the state you live in. For example, I surrently live in California......so, YES I pay taxes:nuts:

Shipping rates are as follows:

Lbs.............................Price

Under 3......................$7.10
3 - 6.9........................$7.90
7 - 13.9......................$9.10
14 - 23.9.....................$9.85
24 - 39.9.....................$0.47 per lb.
40 - 59.9.....................$0.38 per lb.
60 - 99.9.....................$0.37 per lb.
100 - 249.9..................$0.34 per lb.
250 - 499.9..................$0.30 per lb.
500 - 1000...................$0.28 per lb.
Over 1000....................$0.27 per lb.

Hope this clears a little up. Sorry for that!

Take care

1 - 18 of 18 Posts