Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Girls,
I need some advice. My700 has about 200hrs on since new. I use it mainly on-road(commuting etc.) but I feel body roll becoming more evident(probably as riding skill improves :)). Currently all shocks settings are right at bottom - as from dealer. My research suggest l8ton 9/16 sway bar upgrade for gen purpose usage but how should I adjust(stiffen) especially the rear shocks but also the fronts?
Any opinions appreciated.
Note: I would eventually do some trial riding but for now mainly on road, off road only now and then.

Regards

·
Registered
355 Posts
In Arizona I can ride on the road also. I have the 9/16. While it does imrove turning body roll on the road it still gives good performance offroad. I'd say body roll on the street is decreased around 50%.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have the 9/16", Elka shocks and RZR tires and I can easily drift on pavement. I can tell you I feel much safer on the asphalt with the current setup than I did with the stock bar and shocks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys, all replies appreciated and I take note of all.
I must say the Durablue option makes sense but to me it looks like a total overkill and maybe not will suit me best(for my application).

I don't think, once again for my application, that I should upgrade the shocks(not just yet at least) but still need to know how much do I turn the rings up front and back to stiffen them up in conjunction with a swaybar?
I weight 92kg.

Looking forward guys!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
That is all about what is comfortable for you. There is no exact setting for different weights. It is just trial and error to see what you like best

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Thanks Guys, all replies appreciated and I take note of all.
I must say the Durablue option makes sense but to me it looks like a total overkill and maybe not will suit me best(for my application).

I don't think, once again for my application, that I should upgrade the shocks(not just yet at least) but still need to know how much do I turn the rings up front and back to stiffen them up in conjunction with a swaybar?
I weight 92kg.

Looking forward guys!
I weigh 72kg and I use the 11/16" sway bar and have my preload all the way out. The XX handles amazing and rides super smooth through the really rough trails. If you're riding sand I would start at this point and stiffen up the rear preload if you think it needs it seeing that you're a bit heavier. Stiffer preload for me made the quad really uncomfortable in the trails I ride. I was getting bucked off the seat so I backed it out and it rides smooth while still handling amazing! Let me know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot, I will stay in contact once I've done my upgrades.
Getting the goods here from i.e the US has it's own time it seems if not using regular couriers (6 weeks plus!!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts