Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up my ride, and after starting reved it a few times and the exhaust makes a whistle sound whenever I release the throttle. Bike has fmf 4.1 I believe, and power bomb header. Backfires a lot too
No programmer,....the likely cause?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
yea get a programmer on it before you do some real damage.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good i was real nervous man....i reinstalled stock exhaust, installed 13T, and installed HID's. exhaust still sounds kinda crummy but a lot better. looked in the manual and read something about the use of low octane of gas causing the sounds, so im going to siphon the gas out tomorrow and replace it with new supreme

·
Registered
821 Posts
You can turn fuel off, invoking line to fuel pump( round thing in front of motor low in frame), and let gravity do the emptying for you. Don't forget to turn fuel on so it runs out.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Are you going to get a programmer and re-install your fmf exhaust? I just picked up a power commander 5 for $279.95. from http://www.indysuperbike.com/

·
Registered
96 Posts
The quick solution to your fuel problem would be some octane booster.:nuts:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the reply, that would've been pretty easy too. Already replaced it though, not sure how old the gas was either so I just got it over with

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Thanks for the reply, that would've been pretty easy too. Already replaced it though, not sure how old the gas was either so I just got it over with
Good deal, and remember if leaving old fuel around add some Sta-Bil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.