Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short.... for some reason, I am having trouble with this one! Others that I have done before were real simple.... How'd you do it?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
you got to drill the 6 rivets out at the back of the can ,then pull insert out with core, then repack it is a bitccccch

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just broke 4 F'n drill bits with these damn rivets... which is why i'm stuck now, and thought there was something else to it.... do you know what size rivets these are?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the rivets come with the re pack kit from barkers,so i dont know what size they were i just used them,wait till you go to put the insert back in ,thats where the fun starts!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
my packing was completely gone at 30hrs just hardcore trail riding with stock compression

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
make sure you align the billet end cap so the tip is oriented correctly when re-installing it. I believe the rivets are 3/16" and the do use a pillow it is not loose packing. i think you can buy a kit from barkers for $20 pillow and rivets. if you put the can in a vise as well it helps squish it back into shape to put the end cap in

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts