Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love going to atv drags & I have some good friends who race from Charles city Va. I was wondering if we have any other drag racers here that are close to Va ?

** I know Eric from EHS races here at Newtown sometimes..anyone else?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Have not tried it yet, but there is a local drag strip right next door to one of riding areas I go to @ Samoa Dunes. It's just a small converted air strip, but every time I go up there to ride... I am very tempted to go next door and try a few runs just to see what the 700xx will do in the 1/4 mile. Have never seen any other ATVs there, but have seen several snowmobiles.

roadkill

·
Registered
667 Posts
Eric is hosting a race the weekend after Easter, anyone interested in going down to NC and running let me know. I will be headed down on Friday afternoon!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric is hosting a race the weekend after Easter, anyone interested in going down to NC and running let me know. I will be headed down on Friday afternoon!
Where is the track? at his shop location? Eric is all over isn't he??:lol:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yes in Rockingham NC. It will be fun. Bracket racing

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone go or is it by invitation only?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dragrace at a local 1/8th mile IHRA dragstrip in Elk Creek Va (www.elkcreekdragway.com). Every year they have a special class for ATV's to bracket race in on friday nights as well as let us Test & Tune every friday night and also bracket race in the motorcycle class on saturdays.They don't have their 2010 ATV schedule up yet, but if you look at their 2010 schedule they have the friday night dates that they are going to be having ATV dragraces.

The racing is all bracket racing so you will see everything from 1987 Honda TRX 200's to Banshee's on nitrous racing against each other in the elimination rounds.There is a wide variety of ATV's that race there, everything from Utility quads to racing quads.

I'm going to be there this saturday with a few of my friends for the Test & Tune sesion trying to get our quads dialed in before the first points race in a couple of weeks.

It's not a Honda, but this is the YFZ that I race

This is the Polaris that my 61 year old father races:tup:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sweet whos faster waah or the father!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
sweet whos faster waah or the father!
I'd say whoever rides the mower in the background. :lmao: Sweet rides! I do like the wheelie bar on the back of the Polaris and my bet would be in dad being faster. For myself, I'd always want to be faster than my kid.

roadkill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually both of the ATV's are mine, my dad owns a Polaris Sportsman 400 but doesn't like to bracket race it because he says that it's so slow that it isn't really that fun to race.:lmao:

Yesterday the Sport ran a best of [email protected] mph on the motor in the 1/8th mile and a [email protected] mph with a 25 shot of nitrous.It would have went faster, but it ran out of gear before the end of the 1/8th mile.Not to bad for a Sport/Utility quad that weighs around 500 lbs.:tup:

The YFZ only ran an [email protected] mph.I have it geared more for the local flattrack racing tracks and I was just shifting into 5th gear a few feet before the end of the 1/8th mile.The YFZ has a pragrammable Dyna FS Ignition with a shift light hooked into it with the shift light set to come on at 10,100 RPM's.I'm going to change my gearing and go back this friday night to the next Test & Tune session.

If any of you guys are close to the track you should come out and race.On their website www.elkcreekdragway.com they have a list of all of the ATV dragraces for 2010 under the 2010 schedule link.The 4-wheeler link hasn't been updated yet and still shows the 2009 schedule.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Can anyone go or is it by invitation only?
you are more than welcome to come, we will head down friday afternoon, i have plenty of room! PM me!

·
Registered
667 Posts
I dragrace at a local 1/8th mile IHRA dragstrip in Elk Creek Va (www.elkcreekdragway.com). Every year they have a special class for ATV's to bracket race in on friday nights as well as let us Test & Tune every friday night and also bracket race in the motorcycle class on saturdays.They don't have their 2010 ATV schedule up yet, but if you look at their 2010 schedule they have the friday night dates that they are going to be having ATV dragraces.

The racing is all bracket racing so you will see everything from 1987 Honda TRX 200's to Banshee's on nitrous racing against each other in the elimination rounds.There is a wide variety of ATV's that race there, everything from Utility quads to racing quads.

I'm going to be there this saturday with a few of my friends for the Test & Tune sesion trying to get our quads dialed in before the first points race in a couple of weeks.

It's not a Honda, but this is the YFZ that I race

This is the Polaris that my 61 year old father races:tup:
why do you have dyno tires on the yamy?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Those are actually asphault tires made for TT & Supermoto racing.The dragstrip that I race on is a paved IHRA sanctioned track and knobby tires will give you slower times as well as make for a really rough ride on the dragstrip at 70+ MPH.

Knobby tires are supposed to give you lower RWHP number readings on a dyno as opposed to smooth flattrack tires from what I've read.I haven't been on a dyno yet to confirm this, so if this is bad information I apologize, but it makes sense to me.There is a thread on this on this topic on www.moddedraptor.com in the dyno tuning section by DL700 who owns a dyno shop.

·
Registered
667 Posts
that is true, the rear tires you have on that bike are what ehs uses on the dyno

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Baxter, you can't do it..you know you dont have room in garage for another quad..:lmao::lmao::lmao:
I would use the 700xx.

700xx + paddles + large nitros bottle = Large explosion , but I reckon some of the bike would make 1/8 mile in about 3 seconds. :yay:

But there is always room for one more .:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts