Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics shortly....

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Note to self... Leave good enough alone!

Ouch

·
Registered
537 Posts
Weird that this comes shortly after the post about how not too many 700xx owners mod their stuff. That sucks man!! Not too hard of a fix though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I here aluminum scrap is going for a good price. maybe you can make some money or not. :cry: What the F___ happened besides the obvious?????

·
Registered
61 Posts
How bad is the cylinder wall?

·
Registered
734 Posts
"somebody kill me pleeeeeeaassseeeeeeeee!!!" Ouch man, that hurts like hell!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Few more pics of the piston.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Connecting rod? what did this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That Sucks. I know you've said it before but what valves did you use?

·
Registered
9 Posts
how did that happen, and what mods did you do. please let me know i have been doing mods to mine and sure wouldnt want that to happen to me. Man sorry that happened to you too!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Holy shit man. They usually rip like no tomorrow just before blowing for a reason. I watched your clips racing that crotchrocket and it was rippin for sure! Now may it R.I.P.
Whats the plan now?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It was actually operator error, We had swapped in a 11:1 and smaller cam and pulled some dyno numbers. The results are below. Afterwards I put my big cam back in to get some numbers with it on the 11:1. Before all this I had to have all the 12:1 pistons flycut because of valve clearance. The result of my laziness not checking clearance you see the results. If you look at the exhaust valve pockets you can see the shiny rings in them, this is from contact.

The plans now are to put my other head back on, The cylinder only got a few little marks and should only need a quick pass on the hone. If it is does need overbore I'll get some more pistons made. I'll have to split the case also to make sure there's no debris in the bottom so i'll take the chance to have some stuff powdercoated. Any opinion on color scheme's with the black plastic? Also.. since I got a fubared head I am going to have it cut in half to see what kind of clearances we have for port work to water jacket clearance.

This is dynoed with the 11:1 ans smaller cam, We were having trouble with the rpm sensor so we had to do it in mph. The red line is a fourth gear pull, the blue line is a pull through the gears. Notice the broad power range! No peaks just straight pulling power from top to bottom!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
This Raptor head looked almost just like yours until I got ahold of it. Little bit of welding and reshaping and wallah:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts