Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order for me myself to get a 108mm big bore kit I'd have to get a minimum of four pistons made. Are any of you guys interested in purchasing a piston? We would split the cost evenly coming out in the neighborhood of $220. As I've mentioned before this is just a hobby for me, I'd only make one order to not ruffle feathers with the vendors. If none of the vendors offer a 108mm cylinders I can have those done too but just to the guys who get pistons. The cylinders will be closed deck design like mine and the pistons will be CP and have antifriction side coating.
If I get three serious buyers all I need is a deposit to get the pistons started. Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Will your cases take a 108 cylinder with out boring?, I know the raptor will not.....just curious.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Very interested, what would the cost of the 108 cylinder be?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That thread did not answer the question.
Sorry, I misread your post. There are actually two options that could be considered. The current sleeve in my cylinder can be bored to 108mm and fits the case as is.
The other option could be to install a sleeve that is 108mm standard that could be bored even larger if needed. The stock case opening is 116mm. To install this sleeve the case more than likely would have to be opened up.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very interested, what would the cost of the 108 cylinder be?
Its still a bit early to give a price, You'd think I was a fool if I told you what it cost for this first one though lol.

I want everyone to know who is interested this is still in the early stages. The largest obstacle was cleared with getting this mold made and having the first sleeve produced. I'm sending my other stock cylinder out Monday to see if an even larger sleeve will fit the cylinder with no issues. From there I'll know exactly what would need to be done if anything to fit it in the case. Lastly pistons can take awhile to get produced if none have been made before. Long story short don't expect this to happen next week.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Smooth1...what compression ratio?

·
Registered
821 Posts
From what I understand the xr head performs better than the xx head allowing for more hp. Flows better with the dual exhaust ports. I am thinking about doing thisas well. With some porting from bo.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Its still a bit early to give a price, You'd think I was a fool if I told you what it cost for this first one though lol.

I want everyone to know who is interested this is still in the early stages. The largest obstacle was cleared with getting this mold made and having the first sleeve produced. I'm sending my other stock cylinder out Monday to see if an even larger sleeve will fit the cylinder with no issues. From there I'll know exactly what would need to be done if anything to fit it in the case. Lastly pistons can take awhile to get produced if none have been made before. Long story short don't expect this to happen next week.
Yeah I figured it would be awhile before this all came together and I'm sure it wont be cheap...but you gotta pay to play. When you have a little more info on it let me know but im pretty sure I'm in. Thanks for giving us the chance to get on board with this.

·
Registered
25 Posts
as long as you can get the 108mm bore sealed. i'd buy a piston. what compression? any body making head gaskets in the 108mm bore size? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Any news on this
Not enough interest from the forum for me to tie my money up into it. I'll prolly go at it myself at a later time.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
as long as you can get the 108mm bore sealed. i'd buy a piston. what compression? any body making head gaskets in the 108mm bore size? thanks
With the closed deck design I'm using getting a good seal wouldn't be an issue.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.