Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For what it's worth I have tested the 700xx @ 50'' wide with a 4/1 off set wheel, that is what we tried when we first got the quad from Honda. The reason we did 50'' wide is because that is what everybody has done. So after testing and racing a half of a season @ 50'' wide, I was talking to Bruce O at Honda and he talked me in to testing the quad @ 48'' wide. So I had the guys at Houser make me a set for that width and after testing the quad at 48'' wide you realize what a difference it makes, all of the sudden the quad felt way lighter and turned a whole lot better and most of all you can charge through stuff a whole lot faster and with more confidence than before. The 50'' thing works good on a moto x quad, and we all know this is not a moto x quad. For example, almost all the top WORCS racers run there quads at 50'' wide and at the last race Chris Borich went back there and won by a good margin on a quad that was setup a lot narrower than anyone elses. Don't get me wrong, the guy also has a lot of talent, but now all the guys that he beat are wondering about their setup. So what I am saying is before any of you jump on the 50'' band wagon and start moving the front arms 1'' forward and the rear arms 1" further back, just remember you still have to turn the thing at the end of the straight-a-way.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I love turning at the end of the straight. That's when the fun begins! Good Info! What is stock width?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I love turning at the end of the straight. That's when the fun begins! Good Info! What is stock width?
Geeze if you were smart like me you would have looked on Honda's website and found out that its 46.3" Duh! :funny:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts